NHL's "new" conference logos

stpmn

The single letter secondaries aren't too hot, but the primaries are actually quite sharp. Good job NHL!

(wonders when someone's going to make a font based on the NHL's font)

The font that is being used all over the place for the NHL is Myriad Bold. Just create your own serifs and bam!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's very NFL/CFL look alike!

Let'S vote :flagcanada:

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

The primaries are pretty ordinary, but not too awful. I've seen MUCH MUCH worse...

The secondaries? Wow...(and that's not a good "wow" mind you :lol: )...that gets the "Bad Idea Jeans" award.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Bettman is off his rocker. What an idiot. He needs to be ousted by someone who's got respect for the history of this game.

I know Bettman is a convenient whipping boy.... BUT his hard line stance last year is what saved the NHL in places like Buffalo, Edmonton, and any other small market.

The "new" NHL (I hate that phrase) has most certainly been more entertaining in the first half of this season than it has been since the 80's ended.

Early returns look like revenues are going to be up enough where the players are going to get an even bigger cut for next years salary cap then they ever imagined. This new CBA is working out to everyone's advantage.

Bettman is arrogant and annoying but everytime you see a young superstar like Evechkin or Crosby skate unencumbered into the slot and make a sparkling move to beat the goalie remember that without his arrogance and hard line stance these guys would have been mugged, beaten and raped by some slow footed defenseman if they tried that maneuver the last season of action.

Now for my opinion on the conference logos.... I don't mind the full EAST and WEST ones, but the single letter ones seem forced. Bring back Campbell and Wales and while your at it bring back Adams, Norris, Smythe and Patrick (just add two more historic names to the other divisions).

Why is it that the W in the secondary West logo looks like an upside down M? I know that a W essentially is an upside down M, but for some reason I see it as an upside down M and not a W.

I think it's because of the serif on the left, and because the sides are vertical rather than slanted out.

But apart from that, I think all four logos look awesome.

I really like the new primary logos. The old ones looked like copies of the NBA conference logos and had no originality in them. The new ones have that hockey feel to them and signify the growing strength of the league, and I think that's pretty cool.

As far as the secondary logos are concerned, I'm not too crazy about them and have no idea where they would even be used, but I really can't think of any league that has nice secondary logos to begin with, so that doesn't really matter.

I know that a lot of people don't really care for the new logos that much, but I can almost guarantee you that over time and after the NHL grows as a league and becomes more popular in the North American continent, I think we'll all love the logos and pretty much forget about the old ones. In my opinion, the old ones signify all the crap and B.S. our fans had to put up with, whether it be crappy teams, the inability to promote the NHL like the other three leagues, and the word that hockey fans dread to hear since it almost destroyed the sport: lockout.

Archived