Creator of Comic Sans speaks

paynomind

http://www.connare.com/comic.htm

Comic Sans was created by Vincent Connare, and here, on his website, he shares how it accidentally ended up getting distributed so widely.

He makes a good point about how much effort was expended to get it right.

Shame is got over-used to death.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I like comic sans, and when I first got my computer I used it for a lot of things, but yes--it has been overused.

And for business use I would certainly avoid it.

But for some things it works.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Yes, I imagine there are uses for Comic Sans, but I haven't used it in a long time ... and I do a lot of graphics work.

I rarely use Times New Roman or Arial either. They are even more overused.

For general use, I tend to go with Garamond for a serif font, and Bell Gothic for sans-serif.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

my math teachers junior and sophomore year of high school used it for every single handout they ever gave us. a lot of girls used to type in comic sans on AIM....those are about the only uses of it I ever remember.

Oh yeah, the high school i graduated from uses it all throughout their website.

Archived