Super Bowl XL Field Logos

smackdaddy

The stripes are a symbol of racing stripes from the hood of the cars from the past and the if you look at all the banners, like the one's posted from unwind a few screens back. they all have that same racing stripe look.

Nice touch indeed, when you include your reasoning, but the "racing stripes" seem so disjointing the way they are now, being that they are both gray and on the right side of the end zones. It might have worked better had they been horizontal (from one sideline to the other), or at the very least had a second set of veritcal stripes underneath the team logos. But the stripes should have definitely been in the same color scheme as the teams (especially Pittsburgh, where it could be yellow end zone with black stripes).

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The final product:

{BB91828D-4340-4B23-BB06-935A736EC7BF}.pobj.MINI.jpg

So, we DO get logos instead of helmets but they stick with a yellow Steelers end zone.

Guess it goes a little bit better with Pittsburgh wearing white.

A gold-on-black end zone would really go nice with the Steelers in their home jerseys.

I really like that stripe in the endzone in the upper left and lower right corners of the field, gives the endzones a different look than usual.

that's just gray plastic stencils. they won't be there...

at least i think. If they are, i'll have to redo this...

SuperBowlXLField.gif

Is it me, or does Ford Field look like an aircraft hangar? Field looks.....non-traditional.....and I LOVE the classic designs from VI-XXVIII......two old-school endzones for what's supposed to be an old-school type celebration.......

Can't wait until New Orleans gets one of those again......we were a hell of a S.B. city....

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

That's like me saying I should just go ahead and celebrate my 31st birthday tomorrow.  Heck, I was born in 1975, and it's 2006 - so why wait 'til November?:

Hey, I was born in November of 1975!

Well then, Happy 31st from the NFL. Don't bother with being correct, don't bother waiting 10 months. (And you've got me by 3 days...)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived