Super Bowl XL Field Logos

smackdaddy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming the recent past holds true, the Steelers will have their logo and wordmark in the left end zone- they've always painted their end zone gold with black letters. The Seahawks will have the right end zone. I'm guessing it will be the same dark blue (or Seahawks Blue- I don't know what it's called. Pantone?) that Qwest Field's end zones are painted.

Recently- the NFL Shield has been at the 50, and the SB logos are at the 35s.

Assuming the recent past holds true, the Steelers will have their logo and wordmark in the left end zone- they've always painted their end zone gold with black letters. The Seahawks will have the right end zone. I'm guessing it will be the same dark blue (or Seahawks Blue- I don't know what it's called. Pantone?) that Qwest Field's end zones are painted.

Recently- the NFL Shield has been at the 50, and the SB logos are at the 35s.

I have a feeling that you bay be right about the Seahawks endzone, but anything is possible for the Steelers (it might be gold, it might be black). I remember back in Super Bowl XXXIV the Rams endzone was gold (instead of the Rams blue one) and the Titans endzone was carolina blue (unlike their endzone at home)

I like the old school Super Bowl endzones, with the team name flanked by two helemts (one with the team logo and one with the conference logo). Can anyone find a picture?

I thought the helmets framed the team name better than the NFL shield and conference logo

053pattentd.jpg

They won't do it this year, but for the 50th game, I'd like to see them bring back the special logo they did for the first Super Bowl (just saw it this AM on ESPN Classic). It was a shield with five points up top (topped with dots to make them look like a crown) and 1 9 6 7 in the spaces between them, with "NFL-AFL" in an arc over a football which made the bottom of the shield.

Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing "PACKERS" in one end zone, either....

Here's a link to it; the photo is copyrighted so I won't just show it here.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

They won't do it this year, but for the 50th game, I'd like to see them bring back the special logo they did for the first Super Bowl (just saw it this AM on ESPN Classic). It was a shield with five points up top (topped with dots to make them look like a crown) and 1 9 6 7 in the spaces between them, with "NFL-AFL" in an arc over a football which made the bottom of the shield.

At least you've been to two and won one in the last decade. Us Jet fans (yes, we do exist) are at 37 years and counting...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I like the old school Super Bowl endzones, with the team name flanked by two helemts (one with the team logo and one with the conference logo). Can anyone find a picture?

I thought the helmets framed the team name better than the NFL shield and conference logo

053pattentd.jpg

WHY did you have to show that picture, I just got over that loss last year :cry::cry:.

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

We Browns fans are at 42 years and counting, and that counting shows no signs of stopping.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

At least you've been to two and won one in the last decade. Us Jet fans (yes, we do exist) are at 37 years and counting...

The Jets?...please. You know NOTHING of MY pain. In fact, only Cubs fans understand the pain of being an Arizona Cardinals fan (I've been one for over 36 years), and even Cubs fans have each other to lean on in rough times.

Cardinals fans? We're out on an island all by ourselves.

Here are the facts:

• Two NFL Championships. One (1922) has been in constant dispute with the city of Pottsville, PA who believe that the Maroons actually deserved the title. They might be right. The 1947 championship is the only one that is truely OURS. And, it was almost 60 years ago.
  • The oldest continuously run football organization with an all-time record of (since 1920) 453-653-39.
  • 38 different head coaches since 1920.
  • No Super Bowl appearances.
  • Four playoff appearances in my lifetime (I was born in 1963). One victory (1998).

2006 marks the first season that Cardinals fans will have a home to call our own. Maybe things will turn around, but no one's holding their breath either.

PC030001.jpg

B)

WHY did you have to show that picture, I just got over that loss last year :cry::cry:.

It took you three years to get over a loss? :blink::D

I'm guessing yellow endzone for the Steelers, navy endzone for the Seahawks. What will be interesting is if they color the Seahawks' wordmark or just leave it a boring white like at Qwest Field.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived