Super Bowl XL Field Logos

smackdaddy

The layout of the field will be the same as the last two years, Helmet in the left side of the endzone. Wordmark in the middle and confrence logo on the right side.

The Steelers will have a gold endzone and black wordmark trimmed in white.

The Seahawks will have a navy blue endzone and white wordmark trimmed in pacific blue.

The Super bowl logo will say 40th anniversary under it written in red and blue trimmed in white. Have not heard yet if the logo is in the center of the field or two logos at 30 yard lines. I have a friend who works security at Ford field and will get back to me soon.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The layout of the field will be the same as the last two years, Helmet in the left side of the endzone. Wordmark in the middle and confrence logo on the right side.

The Seahawks will have a navy blue endzone and white wordmark trimmed in pacific blue.

The Super bowl logo will say 40th anniversary under it written in red and blue trimmed in white. Have not heard yet if the logo is in the center of the field or two logos at 30 yard lines. I have a friend who works security at Ford field and will get back to me soon.

40th anniversary? That would mean Super Bowl I was the first anniversary. Did I miss something? Who won Super Bowl 0?

40th anniversary? That would mean Super Bowl I was the first anniversary. Did I miss something? Who won Super Bowl 0?

The Lions, of course.

Yes, they did change the field for Supe XXXI from the two-helmet look to the logos with the helmets on the field, as shown below (that's me in the aux press area)

88703414_f770e037d1.jpg

Now, if I may rant...

THIS IS THE 39TH #$%^&*( ANNIVERSARY, NOT THE 40TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!

Thank you and good night.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

This is my idea.

sbsteelersvhawks9ph.th.png

C and C always welcome!

sfcom1

I'm curious why you would put the Steelers' helmet to the left of their wordmark and the Seahawks' helmet to right of their wordmark. Other than that, it looks like a college field with the width of the hashmarks and the extra point strip being on the three yard line.

teams-1.png

I remember the extra point strip being there in superbowl XXXIV. It stands out in my mind becaus eit was highlighted by blue and gold on the rams side where they showed the replays of the last play of the game over and over.

But in the NFL, the strip is on the 2 yard line, not the 3.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

It looks like a UFO

It's supposed to represent (and I'm not joking here) a barrel cactus combined with the shape of a coiled snake.

That definetly looks more like a UFO than a cactus

Actually it looks like a Roomba, to represent all the times they've been swept by division rivals... :P

roomba.adj.jpg

I accidentaly inverted the Seahawks helmet in my profile (its a .png btw). I'ts being corrected in Photoshop. The profile was originaly a college template, and i'm working on getting the correct hashmark placement. Now the 40th Anniversary I might have to wait on till I see a pic of it being painted to add it in. Perhaps Chris or Pantone will get to see it before we do!

BTW Pantone, I live about 1 1/1 miles from the new Cardinals stadium and the Glendale arena. Rumor has it for the Fiesta Bowl and SB the city of Glendale might issue residential parking passes all the way to 75th Ave. I hope that does not happen as the trafic those days will be murder to get around on!

Updates on the field art coming!

sfcom1

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Update:

sbxlcopy1zl.th.png

Still need to add some markings as I am now using a pic of Ford Field's actual playing surface to map out the field art.

Corrected on this post are: Hashmarks located to proper distance, Extra Point try line moved to proper point. Team bench areas corrected to NFL Specs, added field texture in Photoshop, Seahawks endzone navy background with white letters trimed in Seattle Blue. And the helmet moved to the left corner of the endzone.

sfcom1

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Update:

sbxlcopy1zl.th.png

Still need to add some markings as I am now using a pic of Ford Field's actual playing surface to map out the field art.

Corrected on this post are: Hashmarks located to proper distance, Extra Point try line moved to proper point. Team bench areas corrected to NFL Specs, added field texture in Photoshop, Seahawks endzone navy background with white letters trimed in Seattle Blue. And the helmet moved to the left corner of the endzone.

sfcom1

The super Bowl logos are placed at the 25 yard line and the "colored" yardage lines are at the 20. Plus, no one uses the "G" in the NFL.

See all of my concepts at: Designed by DRutka

main%20555.gif

4inarow.gif

Apropos of nothing ...

This the first SB where both teams were in the other conference or league.

Pittsburgh was in original NFL, Seattle was AFC (of course, they spent their first year in the NFC, but that was only so they could play everyone there before they shipped off to the AFC).

Interesting, huh?

... And we're back.

This will be the second Super Bowl played on FieldTurf (the first being XXXVIII at Reliant

Stadium) but I don't think that they'll paint it on, I'm pretty sure that whoever hosts the Super Bowl orders a field just for that game so I'd guess that the colors would be sewn in.

But I've been wrong many times in the past.

There's no need to order new end zones. You can use the same paint as you'd use on regular grass fields.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I really like what JQK has done. I wish they would get rid of the helmets they use today, they look to small compaired to the confrence logos.

The last time they used just the logo was in Super Bowl VII Redskins & Dolphins. The style I like the best is what they used the following year '74' until Super Bowl XXX '96' with the two helmets. That was George Toma's idea. Im not sure who paints the fields now.

Another thing that I used to like that they stopped doing wasoutlining all the field numbers in that sides team colors....maybe they are just to lazy today.

...if i was the Super Bowl groundskeeper....

SuperBowlXLFieldConcept.gif

And the G has been used whenever the Super Bowl has been played at The Rose Bowl.

Oh man, i love that, i really don't like the use of helemts on the field art in any fashion. I really hated it when they put them on the 35 with the team logos. Maybe with the logos larger like in DRutka's witht he font centered and the conference logo still there would be the ultimate in my opinion.

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

Archived