Super Bowl XL Field Logos

smackdaddy

I like that idea as well.

But from an earlier post the art is the same as the previous couple of years. I forgot about the "G" (Happens when modifying a generic template) :oops: so i'm modifyingmy pic.

Hmmm. I thoughtl the logos where on the 30 (the kicking teams free kick line in pro ball. College is the 35, and HS the 40) I need to get some pics of last years game and check on the location.

I'll update mine more as information comes in

sfcom1

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The final product:

{BB91828D-4340-4B23-BB06-935A736EC7BF}.pobj.MINI.jpg

So, we DO get logos instead of helmets but they stick with a yellow Steelers end zone.

Guess it goes a little bit better with Pittsburgh wearing white.

A gold-on-black end zone would really go nice with the Steelers in their home jerseys.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

The final product:

So, we DO get logos instead of helmets but they stick with a yellow Steelers end zone.

A gold-on-black end zone would really go nice with the Steelers in their home jerseys.

I really like that stripe in the endzone in the upper left and lower right corners of the field, gives the endzones a different look than usual.

The final product:

I really like that stripe in the endzone in the upper left and lower right corners of the field, gives the endzones a different look than usual.

that's just gray plastic stencils. they won't be there...

at least i think. If they are, i'll have to redo this...

SuperBowlXLField.gif

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

It almost looks like the sideline playoffs striping. For what we see for right now...

I agree, by looking at the NFL Playoffs logos the style looks very similar!

BTW Puckguy, you beat me posting the diagram, mine was almost the same as yours!

:wink2:

sfcom1

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I wish they would try something a little more daring though. Change it up each year. Maybe something like this:

xl%203.gif

That's a pretty unique concept, but I don't think it would go over well with many fans, myself included.

6uXNWAo.png

Greetings... I am new here. I am up here in Alaska. They have a NW cable news on cable up here. They showed shots of the field for XL. Seattle had their logotype in white on a dk blue base with "Seattle" in smaller text over "Seahawks". The Steelers had their traditional SB type. Only the helmet logo was to the left of the name with a lt gray or white set of stripes, one thin, then thick, thin with the conference logo...i think its a twist on the title game logos they have now. Plus the SBXL logos were by the 30s and the NFL on the 50. BTW.... onto other logo matters, does anyone know where I could get copies of ABC's Olympic Logos that were on the telecasts and made into patches for studio jackets? They were shield in shape and being an artist, I think they are pretty groovy lookin....any info will help..Thanx.....

Freeeeezzzziing in Alaska.....

buckeyecal

Wow, I really hate the field.

I think the best endzone design ever was the two helmets with the conference logo in one of them. Even if they wont go back to that idea for some reason, they should have come up with something better than this. The gray stripes are horrible. The endzones are supposed to be in team colors. The gray stripes just detract from that color scheme for no apparent reason. There is absolutely no reason to have the distracting stripes there. Also, they look like garbage against the yellow endzone. The thin gray stripes surrounded by yellow don't show up from far away.

They should have at worst stuck with the same endzone design as in the past few years. The yellow endzone doesn't look right without the helmet, and the stripes are awful for the reasons mentioned above.

Also, I wish they would bring back the helmet logos at the 25s. I can't remember when they did that, I think it was a couple of years ago.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Also a note, forgive if I'm wrong but I think it's the first time the Super Bowl field has a city name on there.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived