Dolphins in aqua at home

dirwuf

I'm trying to recall the last time the Dolphins wore aqua for a home game that wasn't at night. When they started wearing white at home in 1972, they continued to wear aqua for night games, some late afternoon starts and rare 1pm games (such as Buffalo-1972, Detroit-1973). This continued into the early eighties when aqua was relegated to night only.

The last aqua/non-night start that I am sure of is the 1982 overtime playoff game against San Diego (which began pretty close to sunset, and perhaps shouldn't count).

I know it has been several years...

And it appears they won't be wearing their Aqua jerseys or pants anytime soon at home if Nick Saban has his way.. :therock:

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

The Joe Montana Game was December 31st 2004 and that is the last non night game that they wore aqua jerseys.

However they did wear white at night in one sunday night game in 1998 under Jimmy Johnson.

The rule, form the Dolphins front office is, they wear white at all home games and agua at all sunday night games or monday night games. If more than one home sunday or monday night game is played, they will wear the 2-0 orange jerseys at one of them. They also will wear agua at all playoff games that start after 3pm eastern time. And if for some reason they make the Super Bowl again, if they have the choice of jersey color would wear aqua. as far as the future of the aqua pants... I don't think they even know.

they continued to wear aqua for night games, some late afternoon starts and rare 1pm games

Doesn't that cover all the possible times for a game to start? (1pm, 4pm [late afternoon], and 8 or 9pm [night])

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The fact that you guys know (or even care) about what day and time the Miami Dolphins last wore their Aqua jerseys at home during a day game is absolutely ludacris....

And exactly the reason that this site is such a haven for sports junkies like myself. :-)

Keep up the good work guys. I don't post much, but I am a frequent lurker (like 5-6 times a day checking for updated threads) and I really enjoy both the discussions and the concepts that everyone posts.

We are one!

I agree with KCTAIL that those are generally the Dolphins rules stated above. However, Wanny wore the Whites against Baltimore in the playoffs in a 4:15 EST start game in Jan of 2002 Wild Card Game. I thought it was odd because they had worn Aqua against SD and KC previously in games starting at this time.

You Know, Your right, aqua is not really thier color anymore. In fact it seams thier color has changed a couple of times. I have five Dolphin's helmets dating back to 1967 and it seams the logo has change that many times in shading. The very first logo had the dolphin below the sun as if he were jumping threw the sun and the orange was more coral pink and it seem the aqua has gotten dark through out the years.

I like todays logo alot, but I do agree it is darker and has a little more green to it. I don't like that they made the logo as well as the helmet all metalic.

I've posted these before, but here is what I've been able to put together in my research...all colors use confirmed Pantones, except the 1970-1979 set - which are estimates. Pantones weren't used until around 1980, so they're going to have to be estimates anyway:

MiamiDolphins_FRC_1979_SOL.jpg

MiamiDolphins_FRC_1989_SOL.jpg

MiamiDolphins_FRC_1996_SOL.jpg

MiamiDolphins_FRC_2001_SOL.jpg

MiamiDolphins_FRC_2005_SOL.jpg

Archived