Rob Babcock fired as Raptors' GM

officeglenn

The Toronto Raptors have fired Rob Babcock as their GM: TSN.ca

Raptors brass basically say later on in the article that Babcock was not the right man for the job, even when he was hired 18 months ago.

Hmmm ... a couple of losing seasons, some strange draft picks, a 14-29 record this year ... I'm inclined to agree.

Good. hire someone who won't piss around and put a good team on the court. It would sure as hell help if we had gotten something for Vince Carter. Hell, a bag of basketballs and some smelly old sneakers would be better than the losers he was traded for

Damn, I was expecting that in that conference they would say the sold the team and are moving it to Buffalo...but hey, a man can dream, right?

I never liked Babcock and I'm sure he sealed his fate the second he traded away Carter...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Good. hire someone who won't piss around and put a good team on the court. It would sure as hell help if we had gotten something for Vince Carter. Hell, a bag of basketballs and some smelly old sneakers would be better than the losers he was traded for

I was happier to get rid of that guy then to get anything in return

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

Β 

"The Mothership" β€’ News β€’ Facebook β€’ X/Twitter β€’ Instagram

Although the Carter trade seems bad, we won't know for sure until the two first round draft picks that we got (Joey Graham being the first) develop. For that reason, I say that Babcock's worst move was wasting a high draft pick on Rafael "The Big Incompitant" Araujo.

He could try the Knicks next. They'll need someone after Isaiah is fired for sexual harrassment. Hell, it's not like Babcock can do a WORSE job than Zeke.

If Babcock wasn't the right guy in the beginning, why did they hire him? The incompetence obviously wasn't just on Babcock, it goes all the way to the top, baby!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Β 

I think Babock was doomed for not playing hardball with Zo, he could have made him play for the Raptors or rot on the sidelines instead he paid him off and allowed him to go where he wanted.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Richard Peddie is the real problem, god somebody fire him.

Babcock only really made one bad move, Hafa

The Vince trade wasn't really as bad as it sounds, only because Vince was dogging it and his Value was horrible, The knicks offered Tim Thomas and Anfernee Hardaway for Rose and Carter, Babcock was smart

To this date Babcock hasnt made a bad trade, in hindsight he got the best Value for Vince, obviously if Vince had played better during his final season we could have had a Ricky Davis Wally Sczcerbiak type deal, but Vince really dogged it.

But enough about Vince, whats up with the Hafa draft pick, Andre Iguodala was on the board.

Also the Charlie V pick is looking gold, two time NBA Eastern Rookie of the Month.

Archived