Most hated athletes

gashouser27

Pretty fair list... but they missed some gems (eg. Ron Artest).

I can't take credit for this (IIRC it was on these boards, but it is not my original thought), but Artest didn't make the list because the guys in the NBA pity him and are concerned more than they hate it. He's got serious mental issues he's wrsetling with, and not very well at that. But he's not as malignant a teammate as Me.O. or Barry Bonds, who are petulant little children in overdeveloped bodies.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Right now I would think Bode Miller wouldn't be too popular among professional athletes. It sounds to me likes he's been trying to throw the collective whole under a bus.

Speaking of being thrown under a bus...

Peyton Manning- while I don't think he's a bad apple yet, I do feel if his behavior continues to go the way it did after getting knocked out of the playoffs, I'm picturing his stats are going to hit a bit of a valley. Nobody really wants to play with someone who hogs the stats and glory when you do well, and passes the blame when you don't. Team leaders shoulder the responsiblity and carry the team, not the other way around.

Shaun Alexander- I noticed that after they won the NFC trophy, none of his teammates were very enthused about partying with him. I think his teammates put up with him because of what he can do, but he said and did some very stupid things over the last couple of seasons, and if he signs with another team, while I think they may miss his stats, they won't miss his bad attitude. In his defense, he's done a better job of sounding like a team player durring the playoffs.

Terrel Owens- A team cancer if ever there was one. I don't think very many people will argue that one- only to what degree. I do not envy the next team that picks him up, since I really see any signs he's going to be different. If he does end up in Miami, I really cannot picture Ricky Williams and T.O. meshing on the same O-Unit. Owens will no doubt try to be the teams only go-to guy and I have no doubt his showboating will be cranked to yet a new high (low), to be only outdone by his agent.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I think this was in GQ..a list of the athletes most hated by "team mates"

4. Curt Schilling

Schilling?!?! I didn't know that one...

I'll add Barry Bonds in that list.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived