San Diego Seakings Concept

AAO

Yeah I think I'm set with the colors, I don't think i'll be changing that. I'm also set on Seakings because it is what it reads, kings of the sea, Seakings.

As for the waves in the wordmark, I see what you all are saying, but I want to keep that blue color in the wordmark somehow. Should I tone down and evenly distribute the shading?

The crown/waves tertiary is in the works right now.

Thanks again for the feedback.

the secondary's a crown in waves.  (sea, king)

for reference, here's some pictures of a sea lion:

sea lion 1

sea lion 2

sea lion 3

and a sea otter:

sea otter

so as you can see, the sea otter looks more like a koala with fins.  sea lions look almost like rodents with fins.

I think the otter I know more about, appearance wise, is this one from Sea World

04otter_jpg.jpg

lol i was at that seaworld show last month lol that little thing was cool...thats the only time ill say something at seaworld was cool..

Liverpool.png

giants.png

Good stuff, has the potential to be great stuff.

As far as the Seakings/Sea Kings name issue, I love the name. If you wanted people to get the "kings of the sea' reference more quickly, you could make the "K" a little taller so it would read more like "SeaKings". It wouldn't disrupt the logo too much, and honestly, I read it as "Seakings" the first time, and didn't quite get it.

Beyond that, my biggest gripe is the number font on the jersey. Too overdone, too many tacked-on serifs, too square and blocky for a number "3", and it portends similar blockiness and serif-laden designs for the rest of the font.

The secondary logo is brilliant. Good enough to be the helmet logo by itself, if the animal weren't so well done.

Anxiously awaiting the completion of this one.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived