San Diego Seakings Concept

AAO

The head looks like it should be on an otter rather than a sea lion to me. I like the colors, but I would probably switch some colors on the pants so they could be worn with either jersey (most likely the home changing to the gray-teal sides trimmed in gold)

the secondary logo intrigues me...but if you don't mind me askin, what is it, exactly?

(never mind, I figured it out)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

the secondary's a crown in waves. (sea, king)

for reference, here's some pictures of a sea lion:

sea lion 1

sea lion 2

sea lion 3

and a sea otter:

sea otter

so as you can see, the sea otter looks more like a koala with fins. sea lions look almost like rodents with fins.

The whole coloring/shadow thing on the wordmark is bothering the hell out of me. Doesn't look like it has any shape or flow at all. I'd probably lose it.

On the secondary, I got right away it was a crown with waves, however, I think you should have the waves clutching the crown/wrapped around it rather than how you have it, where the shape of the waves look like they're wrapping around it, but the dark blue stroke around them looks like the waves are just overlapping the crown.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I like the lion. It's a solid rendering. Tune it up and it's a winner. Lookslike you might need a little more blue or dark brown in that big flat tan area to balance it out. I think the whiskers should be visible on the form as well, rather than just in the outline. Be careful it doesn't become TOO rodent-like. It's starting to look like a badger in the face. I agree with Starchild about the waves in the wordmark. On the secondary, I would make the crown more distinctive. It's not reading as a crown to me. and the waves look strange, and, yeah, you shoudl start from scratch on that one. Good idea, but didn't come out too well on that try.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Looks pretty good, but some fine tuning to the animal could improve it.

There could be more body between the fins and the head.

It's kind of like a seal in that way.

15b_sea_lion.gif

I realize that his fins are pointing forward and originate further down his body than one might initially see, but I think a little more room there could help.

Additionally, although it wouldn't serve the sleekness of the logo, a little more blubber might help the guy survive the winter and make him a bit more recognizable (although that would be one of the "try it and find out" things).

My perception was that sea lions are a lot closer facially to walruses, but the truth is they're a lot closer to seals in that regard. You learn new things every day.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

the secondary's a crown in waves. (sea, king)

for reference, here's some pictures of a sea lion:

sea lion 1

sea lion 2

sea lion 3

and a sea otter:

sea otter

so as you can see, the sea otter looks more like a koala with fins. sea lions look almost like rodents with fins.

I think the otter I know more about, appearance wise, is this one from Sea World

04otter_jpg.jpg

Since this guy actually looks like a hybrid between the two animals, I don't have a problem with it. the fact that it is something other than Poseidon sells me on the logo. And the uniform is tight. I especially like the number type. It's differnet and easy to read on an actual uniform set.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I actually like the logo -- it looks cute and mean at the same time. ^_^

I agree with MJ, since the name isn't specifically "Otters" or "Sea Lions", I wouldn't nitpick as to technicalities. It's a solid looking logo. I love the shadowed waves on the wordmark, but it looks weird to me because of the way the wordmark is contorted. I don't know if it'd look better if it was even instead of contoured to the shape of the wordmark.

philly.png

I actually like the logo -- it looks cute and mean at the same time. ^_^

I agree with MJ, since the name isn't specifically "Otters" or "Sea Lions", I wouldn't nitpick as to technicalities. It's a solid looking logo. I love the shadowed waves on the wordmark, but it looks weird to me because of the way the wordmark is contorted. I don't know if it'd look better if it was even instead of contoured to the shape of the wordmark.

I will definetly have to agree with MJWalker and BigBrain on this. The name isnt Otters or Sea Lions but it still represents the aspect that both are pretty much Kings of the Sea.

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

as a former marine biology major, my first reaction was "that's a river otter" - here's a picture of a river otter - something about the eyes and ear seem to make this rendering very river otter like, to me, so i think some tweaking is in order - the other suggestion that i would make is to add a little space between the word sea and kings...it kind of looks like seakings to me - other than that, great job - love the wordmark (even with the waves), and i really like the nickname "sea kings" as the lion is the "king" of the jungle...nice play, there - overall, very good work!

jldesigns404eo.png

I like this concept, but the main logo, I agree, doesn't appear to clearly be a sea lion.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I think this is pretty cool. To nitpick: The ears are too big. It should have those tiny ones. Another thing is that when you pull apart the wordmark from the sea lion, you don't know what colors the team is supposed to have. The wordmark needs at least a touch of tan in there to maintain color balance and identity consistancy.

Other than that I love the shape of the animal and how it flows. Good choice for challenging yourself.

The main thing that irks me is the shading behind the wordmark- very distracting. It also seems a tad unbalanced- the S on "Sea" is so much larger than the S on "Kings", along with the head and focus of the logo on that side, it seems very heavy.

Also, I'd have to say it doesn't really matter what animal you are EXACTLY trying tp portray here since the nick is unique...but to my eyes, it's 1/3 Squirrel, 1/3 Rat, and 1/3 Bass/Fish. I think the tail is the part that irks me...just haven't seen that position from a sea lion/otter/seal.

Very nice colors used and I do like the uniforms- I'd be interested in seeing the rest of the numerals and how they compare to the flow of the piping since there are some jagged areas also in the font.

Again great work as usual and I like the direction it's going- very professional look and interesting concept.

Oh yeah, although I now see the alternate- I have to say it could use some work to solidify the "crown and waves" because I get lost in it...crown is hard to make out- maybe show more of it or widen it? Or even better add those little circles you will see on the edge of crown points sometimes? If you google "crown" or "crown logo" you will see what I mean.

Have you considering separating the team name into 2 words, "Sea Kings"? When I first saw the name San Diego Seakings, I thought, what are they seeking?

And have you tried using only 3 colors? The 2 shades of brown seems unnecessary, less colors is always better in my book. 3 should be a maximum. I think if you tried using just the gray-blue color with one shade of brown on the critter, that might come out nice looking, along with navy.

Archived