College Football Throw-Backs

Shoolaces

I thaught it would be cool to see everyones designs of college football uniforms that were worn in the past and mixed in with thedetails current uniforms and have a new uniform alternate (kind of like San Diego's Powder Blue) ... I am new and having trouble creating anything good but I think it would be interested and cool in seeing everyones designs for their favorite college teams... I'm having trouble with Illustrator... but when I figure it out ill post some Nebraskas 70's Style Uniforms...

I Don't know if this was to go into requests or concepts... so this will do for now...

midsize_photo4930be259bd6d886649203.jpg

That would be the end of the charlie weiss era... I have never seen them win a big game in those jerseys but the darker version does look better tahn the brights.. no doubt if they would have worn navy there would not have been a bush push and notre dame wuold have won.

93851730_cf9be4f50a_o.jpg

The triple stripe is from the 60s and curvy number is from the old gothic numbers early sixties. With the current pants. My first thing I have made on here..so a little rough... How does it look?

I'd like to see your reference materials and pictures for the Nebraska concept. None of this - striped side panels, italicized futuristic numbers, USC-style should inserts, thick black outlines - looks like anything remotely connected to Nebraska's past glory to suggest this is a "throwback" concept. If anything, it's a huge modernization. The Nebraska I grew up watching was red/white, block numbers, sleeve stripes. Painfully simple and understated.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

These are in Black and white but you get the idea. I know I exagerated on the piping down the middle [Although they did have white pinstripes down the sides in their 2002 jerseys (basicaly like below except on red jersey)]. And the curvy letters are more modern because I could not find any good gothic numerals. The shoulder stripes were 2 in the 70's but I shortened that to one. It is farfetched but it has altered elements of the past. I probably should have explained all this with the original posts.

93907254_b3efb2e8f9_o.jpg93906241_287a2ff86d_o.jpg93912262_9263faa814_o.jpg

Washington State about 1987. I'm not quite sure on the sleeve stripes for the roads, I think I got it right using a small Mike Utley pic, and I'm not sure if they wore the silver pants on the road, but I figured to throw them in just in case.

WashSt_Silver.jpg

WashSt_Scarlet.jpg

And I continue this thread with Arizona State 1988... I'm wondering if this should be moved to the sports logos forum instead as these aren't so much concepts. Oh well! As you can tell I'm enjoying these.

ASU_1988.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a Nebraska one I did which combines a bit of the Rodgers-era threads with the current ones, patch and all. I think a great look would be for us to basically be the Indianapolis Colts but in red.

NU-concept.gif

My favourite Husker unis for all time though were the 1980-83 set, with nothing but a plain "N" on the sleeves.

Those are really sweet. Perfect blend of past and present. These are better than mine I'll have to say I went to far and futuristic. Yours looks like it has possibility of being worn for special occasion or maybe versus Oklahoma.

Although on your away unis I am partial to white pants. The nebraska red away pants are shiney.

Sweet Work!

Three very, very good reasons why all-white should be suppressed at all costs

I heartily agree, which is why on these you'll see no all-white option. I whipped this up some time ago; it takes cues from the '60s Badgers and yet uses their current number font (which looks like Aachen):

Wisconsin%20FB.png

It's in Paint, and I'm generally bad at drawing, so please excuse those points.

Packers-2.png

Washington State about 1987. I'm not quite sure on the sleeve stripes for the roads, I think I got it right using a small Mike Utley pic, and I'm not sure if they wore the silver pants on the road, but I figured to throw them in just in case.

WashSt_Silver.jpg

WashSt_Scarlet.jpg

Great template oddball! Both these and the UVa and ASU look fantastic. I don't think WSU had the crimson pants until 1992 (I'm about 99.9% sure of that) so the gray at home and on the road is the correct version.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

If I had a scanner available, I'd scan in the 1988 Athlon Pac 10 preview magazine with a picture of Timm Rosenbauch in the all crimson.

I'll be damned...I've seen a lot of old WSU football photographs, never saw the old crimson pants in the 80s.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Here's a Nebraska one I did which combines a bit of the Rodgers-era threads with the current ones, patch and all. I think a great look would be for us to basically be the Indianapolis Colts but in red.

NU-concept.gif

My favourite Husker unis for all time though were the 1980-83 set, with nothing but a plain "N" on the sleeves.

Love it, but I think I'd go with the mid-90's Winning Tradition patch, rather than the current one.

Archived