Victoria bc unveils name and logo for new echl tea

hockeyzealot

I haven't seen this mentioned yet...so I figured I'd post it.

Here's the press release:

http://www.echl.com/news/index.php?cat=1&id=1316

All in all I think the name is a good one (at the very least unique anyway) but the logo strikes me as being very lacking. Seeing as how the team wont play until next season I'm wondering if the logo might be a stand-in while a more "streamlined" (ie "better") image is created. By the way, is it me or does the blue crown in the back look familiar....a corporate/comercial logo of some kind?

All in all I think the name is a good one (at the very least unique anyway) but the logo strikes me as being very lacking. Seeing as how the team wont play until next season I'm wondering if the logo might be a stand-in while a more "streamlined" (ie "better") image is created. By the way, is it me or does the blue crown in the back look familiar....a corporate/comercial logo of some kind?

I had no idea that Victoria got an ECHL team. Were they supposed to be part of the old WCHL? I love the quote: "The name says Vancouver Island" As for the logo, there is something lacking there, looks a little cartoonish to me.

Oh and da-da,da-da,da-da.. Imperial! :D

I saw, I came, I left.

So now they have teams in BC and Alaska and Idaho.....

maybe it's time to rename the league.

"East Coast" Hockey League doesn't quite fit anymore.

Said slapshot as he watches an American Hockey League game between Toronto and Hamilton.....

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

So now they have teams in BC and Alaska and Idaho.....

maybe it's time to rename the league.

"East Coast" Hockey League doesn't quite fit anymore.

I don't think they're even officially using it as an acronym anymore... for this season at least, the name of the league is the ECHL, not the East Coast Hockey League.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Nice Logo - simple, not outstanding, but clean and distinctive.

I still hate the Toledo Storm's Logo - somebody mentioned in a thread a year ago about, "it looks like a 3rd grader drew it". ???

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I had no idea that Victoria got an ECHL team. Were they supposed to be part of the old WCHL? I love the quote: "The name says Vancouver Island" As for the logo, there is something lacking there, looks a little cartoonish to me.

Oh and da-da,da-da,da-da.. Imperial! :D

The new Victoria Salmon Kings franchise is the former Baton Rouge franchise, who also had a fish for its symbol.  The Baton Rouge team was known as the Kingfish, named for former Louisiana governor (Baton Rouge is the Capital of Louisiana) Huey "Kingfish" Long.  Before coming to Baton Rouge, the Kingfish were the Erie Panthers, one of the original ECHL teams.

If you ask me, the ECHL should have changed their name to the Premier Hockey League (PHL) or the Coastal Hockey Association (CHA).

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

Maybe I'm just a hopeless idealist, but I can't help but think that the logo is just a stand-in kinda like what the Las Vegas Wranglers did unveiling the first logo a year (or two) before they started playing:

http://www.laughinghyena.net/LogoServer/ho...asWranglers.GIF

And then unvieling a new "official" logo this past summer:

http://www.lasvegaswranglers.com/news/?id=21

Unfortunately I couldn't find a stand alone image (the logo is in the upper left-hand corner)...BUT as an added bonus I've linked to the article unveiling their new jerseys (which are dreadfull).  Also...I have no idea what the cowboy is doing to that bull...but seeing as how its Vegas I'm sure its perfectly acceptable. :P

• LMU locked this topic

Archived