BoSox affiliate offers youth jersey to drop Yanks

brinkeguthrie

LOWELL, Mass. -- A minor league baseball team in Massachusetts has launched a campaign to eliminate the Yankees.

Well, at least in youth baseball leagues across New England.

The Lowell Spinners say if Little League and other youth leagues agree to change the name of their Yankees teams to the Spinners, they'll pay for the new uniforms.

The Spinners are a Class A affiliate of the Red Sox, archrival of the Yankees.

Spinners' general manager Tim Bawmann says children in New England are often devastated when they are assigned to be on a team called the Yankees.

Well then in New York and New Jersey there shoudl eb no youth teams called the Red Sox.

I think if you start doing this you are opening a can of worms and nobody should do this.

THis reminds me of the time teh Yanks got mad at Andy Pettitte for his son wearing a Mets cap, Pettittes son played ona T-Ball team called the Mets and that was teh hat he had.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I like it. It is exactly what sports is about, and it is good for baseball.

Donating uniforms is a teriffic thing, and eliminating your rival in your home state is awesome.

Well done, Sox.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived