Saturday's college hoops

VitaminD

What a game to cap off a great day in college hoops.

First the Winthrop and Coastal Carolina played a great title game, down to the final minute. Then Belmont and Murray State get their tickets to the Dance. [EDIT:The GW/Charlotte thriller (thanks DC).] And the capper... UNC 83, DOOK 76. At Cameron. JJ, Shelden, Dockery and Melchionni can't defend their precious autographed home court they love to slap and kiss one last time. (And Dockery shows some true class shoving Hansbrough in the face in the waning moments. Don't blame others for your failure to live up to your potential, Sean...)

BONUS LINK: This is running in the online Raleigh News & Observer. They've done cartoons in the past about John Bunting and Chuck Amato that are also pretty good. Enjoy.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Let's not forget about the crazy overtime George Washington/Charlotte game that ended on a '83 NC State-style bucket at the buzzer. The Colonials got verrrry lucky to come out of that game with a win.

6uXNWAo.png

That UNC/Duke game was sweet. Wonder how far Duke drops in the polls tomorrow. Oh yeah, they're Duke -- not very far. So long as J.J. keeps playing like he has been, I'd like UNC's chances in the tourney over Duke's.

Also-- sweet link, VitaminD.

IUe6Hvh.png

More goodies from Saturday - this one should be on my wall...

futility.jpg

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I missed most of the televised games on Saturday afternoon, opting instead to go down to the U.S. Cellular Arena to watch the Horizon League semifinals. The first game between Butler and UW-Green Bay wasn't even close (that Butler team is very physical, borderline dirty), but second game between UW-Milwaukee and Loyola more than made up for it. My Panthers were firing on all cylinders, and tomorrow night's championship should be a great game.

QPR%20Sig.png

Heh. Saturday was the appitizer to what's coming up this week.

For me, Championship Week is one of the best weeks of the year. There is no other time when the spotlight shines the brightest on those who seek it (Outside of the Tourny, of course).

Oh, and tonight's games will kick ass as well. Namely the Hofstra-UNC Wilmington matchup.

Archived