Durham Bulls to wear Pink Unis

HatManTC

The Class A Peoria Chiefs do a similar promotion with purple and purple/teal jerseys for a charity I can't seem to remember. The charity holds a marathon each May and it starts in Normal,IL(2 miles N of where I'm sitting) and ends at the Chiefs' park in Peoria. It seems that I'm always in attendance whenever the marathon comes around. With the Illinois Childrens Hospital in Peoria, I'm sure it has something to do with that.

As for the Bulls, can't wait for pictures.

The New Britain Rock Cats did this last season. The jerseys weren't anything special, IIRC - which is too bad since they ended up auctioning off the unies at the end of the season.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

My wife had breast cancer in '04-'05 (thankfully now apparently cured), and I live in Raleigh... so I'm gonna go to the game and buy at least one of these jerseys. It's the least I can do, and it gives me an excuse to go to a Bulls game this year.

I give my congradulations to your wife, The Mad Mac. Hopefully, she's doing well.

it is a good idea, but when the wnba announced they were having a team in chicago, i emailed the chicago reps and told them to name the team the chicago wind and go with pink as a primary color. they could have easily teamed up with breast cancer groups for promotions and fundraisers. plus there needs to be a pink team in the wnba besides the monarchs hint at it.

I have a friend who works for the WNBA. In connection with their 10th Season, they're doing something with the Komen foundation as well.

Their whole marketing campaign for this season is a smidge slow, so I expect they'll be announcing it shortly.

I know the SF Giants have an annual "Til there's a Cure" day where they wear the red AIDS ribbon on a jersey and their hats - I was at the game in 2003, and I think MLB does something as well, IIRC.

There's a couple of hockey teams that don pink jerseys as well....

Most noteably are the Motor City Mechanics of the UHL.

Was pretty unintentionally funny to see Derian Hatcher and Chris Chelios wearing pink jerseys (don't get me wrong, I totally support the cause seeing my mom survived a bout with breast cancer last year (clean bill of health so far)...)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived