Mlb re-alignment

NoHoJoe

This is highly moot.  Given the issue of contraction rearing its head just a couple of years ago, MLB won't be expanding any time soon.  And, while 15 and 15 would be symmetrical, it wouldn't make any sense having an odd team in each league, unless you're going to have interleague play during the entire season (I can hear JQK having a heart attack now).

And, was this really worthy of one poll, let alone two?  ???

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Milwaukee has been a National League city for 18 seasons and an American League city for 29 seasons, therefore I think it's only logical to return the Brewers to the AL if a situation is created, either by expansion or contraction, wherein the leagues would need "evening up."  It would be tempting to move Milwaukee back along with Washington if the Expos wind up in DC, however that leaves an unacceptable 18-14 AL to NL ratio.  The only remotely conceivable (and I use the term verrrrry loosely) scenario would be to move Milwaukee and Washington back to the AL and send Tampa Bay and Seattle to the NL (since both teams have NFL counterparts in the "National" conference), however since the DC and Wisconsin NFL teams are also "National" conference dwellers (for decades) an argument could be made against moving those teams.

I would agree with prior opinions that we're probably just drawing in the sand since it's unlikely that MLB will expand and is looking just as unlikely that it will contract.

Archived