A Raiders Logo

andrewharrington

Here's a side-by-side. Never really thought about how lame the current Raider looks. Is he winking or just asleep? Maybe he's been watching recent game film. ;-)

oakland_s.gif

raiders.png

Hmmm...the new one is kind of thuggish somehow. Looks like somebody you wouldn't want to mess with, which I guess is good for a team that likes to think of itself as intimidating.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

It's OK, but I don't think it's totally there yet. Which is rare, because I can't remember a tempest design I didn't like immediately.

My issue is with the Raider's right jawline. I get the shadows you threw on his face, and it looks great on the left eye, nose and lower lip. But it looks liks too much of his face was gouged out of the concept. Shadows from a cheekbone wouldn't obscure that much of his face. Instead, it looks more like his jaw wasted away, and that coupled with the whiteness of his skin makes that side of his face looks very sickly and emaciated, which is not often associated with toughness and strength. Try to flesh out the jawline, and for toughness, add a small scar down the cheek. Strong jawlines are very masculine.

Also, every other part of the logo has smooth curves - the lettering, the handles of the swords, the blades of the sword, the Raider's helmet. But the dark shadows on his face are angular, perhaps too much so, to the point that the face doesn't look like it belongs to the rest of the design, and was added by someone else.

The Raiders could use a minor update, and I think this is headed in the right direction, but I don't love it... yet.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Seems a little too ghetto

Care to explain that comment?

it looks like a logo a talentless rapper would use as their CD cover

at the risk of being flammed...

[slight jab]even more the reason its a great update of the raiders logo. [/slight jab]

jabs aside its a great logo. ^_^

Whoa you like rap?

Who doesn't?!

i would make the face have more expression - more anger, rage, whatever - but something far more fearful than as is. nice upgrade though, much nicer.

I agree. Right now, the way you have his mouth and cheek shaped, he looks mildly disgruntled. I'd try to work with the shadows to make it look more like he's snarling in order to give it a more menacing look. I also think you should alter the shape of the eye patch. As it is right now, it's making it look like he has a really big nose. Maybe simply rounding it off and extending it a bit to the right would help. Other than that, it looks great; a very simple update that improves greatly over the old one.

Archived