A Raiders Logo

andrewharrington

Nice update, although the shape of the patch matches too closely with the shading of the other eye. I see that you've gone angular on the face and all, but that makes it tough to make the patch stand out (which I thought was one of the strengths of the current logo).

It's where I sit.

Very nice update...finally a great job on this board after several days without something interesting.

I noticed a total update with this logo. I really like how you worked with the swords and the "dark" epression of the face. I think the patch already looks different enough from the other eye and probably its the best way to make it for this design.

Yes, great job again.

Excellent modernization of a logo starving for attention!

I think, though, that the left eye and the whole left side of his face (the side without the patch, his left) looks strained as if he's winking. Perhaps the white area of the that cheek could be widened to make it look a bit more relaxed, or both sides could be "squinting" to make it look more aggressive.

No Maroon?

lol

I think this is a great update for a classic logo. Although, I think that the shadows on the face are a bit two big. Particularly the right side of his face. If you evened it out a bit so it was a little more symmetrical with the left side it would look awesome.

YES. PERFECT.

I've always thought the Raiders logo needed an update, but I havn't been able to come up with anything. That, and I havn't seen any update on these boards that I think would work. But this, this is perfect.

(**)(**)(**)

Bravo, excellent job

Very nice update...finally a great job on this board after several days without something interesting.

Oh come on, I made an Oktoberfest uniform for the Brewers!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Seems a little too ghetto

Care to explain that comment?

it looks like a logo a talentless rapper would use as their CD cover

at the risk of being flammed...

[slight jab]even more the reason its a great update of the raiders logo. [/slight jab]

jabs aside its a great logo. ^_^

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I like it, but I think the non-patched eye could use just a half-circle or something in it to make it stand out a little more. Other than that, I love it!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

i think 'gothic' might have been the term you were looking for.

regardless, it looks great, but it seems a bit too narrow, it could use a bit of a stretch...i'm used to the raiders' logo being wider. i think you could definitely use a more slightly detailed font, but nothing incredibly overpowering to the logo.

(andrew, im dying for those templates by the way...no rush...just wanted to know how that was coming along)

Care to explain that comment?

it looks like a logo a talentless rapper would use as their CD cover

at the risk of being flammed...

[slight jab]even more the reason its a great update of the raiders logo. [/slight jab]

jabs aside its a great logo. ^_^

Whoa you like rap?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I like it, I love it, I want some more of it...

Actually, that's a mighty fine design, IMO. I'd draw a couple of little lines to deal with the "bat ears" issue and make it clear that those are flares on the side of the helmet, and fix the eyepatch/eye issue as well. (The same things others have pointed out.)

That would be a great update for the Raiders: To the casual observer nothing would have changed, and to us nuts for detail there would be this little ocean of coolness and beauty on the helmet. Nice job!

Archived