Indians Logo on the Mound

nym1231

Today when I was watching highlights from the Indians-Twins game, I noticed that on the back of the mound, there was painted the script "I" logo. Have any of you ever seen this before in a game?

I remember in the mid-90's the Reds did it at Riverfront for either a playoff or Sunday Night game against the Braves. It wasn't painted though, more like a stamp in the dirt.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

The Angels had it against the Yankees this year in their weekend series April 7-9.

I'm surprised it took until 2006 to start popping up all over the place...I didn't expect it to happen, but having seen it, I can't say I'm the least bit surprised...

...and I'm also shocked it wasn't the Mets who first did it...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I noticed that on a few mounds this weekend. I can't believe I never saw it before though. It was at least in Cleveland and LA/Anaheim, although I felt like I saw it at another park or two.

When I saw it, my first thought was that it's probably only a matter of time until those team logos are replaced by advertisements. Maybe they won't be as overt as the green screens behind the batter, but they could easily carve a Coke/Progressive/AFLAC logo into the back of the mound.

:cursing:

Archived