Capitals Concept

MonoMan

Friend of mine with NHL connections, (take that with a grain of salt, I know people probably say that alot). mentioned that the Caps new logo is something along the lines of an eagle that is shaped like a big W.  Personally i cant picture it, just mentioning it.

an eagle shaped like a W? ... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes: I just can't imagine how they came up with that concept? this is going to be fun.

you'd think an NHL team would have better taste than that, eh?

Friend of mine with NHL connections, (take that with a grain of salt, I know people probably say that alot). mentioned that the Caps new logo is something along the lines of an eagle that is shaped like a big W.  Personally i cant picture it, just mentioning it.

an eagle shaped like a W? ... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes: I just can't imagine how they came up with that concept? this is going to be fun.

Wow, you mean NO ONE ever thought of that before you?

You're like...I dunno....Jesus or something.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Wow, you mean NO ONE ever thought of that before you?

you're right... I'm certainly not the first to think of it. Yet, reality is a VISUAL world... so, SHOW me a prior example of a W / eagle logo, with it's head in the middle.

Regardless, considering I submitted 2 distinctly different eagle logos to the caps in 1994, one of which was a prior version my "W" / eagle head... it will be quite interesting to see their EXPRESSION of it... in the mean time, make fun of me all you want ! :D

I lost in court the first time... it won't happen again. :hockeysmiley:

I have not posted a concept in a while, thought I would have a little fun with my favorite team. There are a lot of things thrown into this concept. You can see a little Sharks, old Jets, even a little USA. The logo is just a modified version of the current secondary logo. I am dying to see the new uniforms. Until then, I will make my own.

caps.jpg

It's ok. But, it reminds me too much of the Winnipeg Jets. It's too generic, but it goes good with the Caps.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

As other have said, it is too similar to the Winnipeg Jets, and is also too plain. Besides, as much as red/white/blue are cool colors for a team called the "Capitals" their blue/bronze/black(if black was not the primary) are very unique.

Archived