Stanley Cup Playoffs Predictions

NJTank

The Stars were another of those teams with a Stanley Cup in two trips to the Finals

So you're just counting the Dallas years?

Anyway--while I would put a different number of games to some of my predictions, and some of my reasons vary from yours, I have to agree with the winners you've chosen--except I'm taking a chance and picking the Sabres over the Flyers.

This is more a gut thing than any concrete reason, but as you put it-"The Flyers have been a puzzle all year."

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Carolina has bad fan suppport? I've seen a few 'Canes games on tv and it looks like they get great crowds at the RBC Center. Have you ever been to Raleigh? Because if not, I don't know how you or anybody can legitimately say that the people down there don't know about the Hurricanes and their success this season. Montreal does have a great tradition of hockey but I really don't see or understand what that has to do with this series. History really isn't a factor here. The Hurricanes are much faster and deeper than the Canadiens and I have to disagree with you on your pick here. All the other picks I agree with except the Sabres and Flyers. I have Buffalo beating Philadelphia.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm digging the picks, but in the Ottawa-Buffalo series, the Sens' blue liners will give Buffalo forwards a lot more trouble than their counterparts in Philly, which looked granite blocks sitting on the blue line compared to the Sabres' forwards.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Hmm--you were 3-5 for the first round--and I was 4-4 so neither of us did a great job.

This time I agree with you on 3, but believe Sakic and the boys will prove too much for the Ducks--but it will probably go 7.

The Sharks will much tougher for the Oilers.

Carolina's only hope is that New Jersey's layoff cooled them off.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived