MBA Green

Tom Reing

Knew I had seen green on Brooklyn somewhere. And my apologies for MBA, I wrote it too fast. Yes the question was for professional baseball (MLB) why there was no green. And teal gives off a green when up against that purple if you ask me.

What about the Negro leagues? Any teams there that used green?

Arizona's color is teal, not green.

And (even though I've already ranted in another thread about the uselessness of color descriptions), the Diamondbacks actually call that color:

Arizona Turquoise.

Not Teal. not Green.

The Devil Rays are mainly green, and I think they look pretty sharp, actually. You're right though, only the DRays and A's wear green in baseball. Why? I don't know.

In auto racing, green was considered VERY bad luck and you never saw a green car. In the 1960s, that changed when Sprite sponsored Wally Dallenbach's Indy racer, but he had to overcome a lot of concern from other drivers. Now, of course, if a sponsor wanted the car painted in pink with mauve flowers, the racer would happily drive it.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

hey thanks for remembering the sabercats,they get no respect.

Not to rain on your parade, but the Arena Football League doesn't get any respect at all usually.

well it'll never get the proper respect until it moves out of NBC territory, and plus seeing that you are a member of the AFL Message Boards, you already know that

Archived