Fantasy team logo concept

tBBP

Although I've been a member for quite a while, I have yet to post any concepts. I have been working on quite a few, though.

However, when it comes to humanoids and animals...let's just say that ain't my strength. So I did my best rendition of what will become the logo of a team I call the Barracudas.

barracudalogo.jpg

Can someone, anyone, give me some pointers on how to make this better?

Thx in advance for all C&C and tips!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

sorry about that peoplez. Photobucket was actin' up on me earlier today.

barracudalogo.jpg

As far as the appearance, it's a hand-drawn concept. Shot it with my DigiCam and uploaded it.

Just to give you an idea of what I was going for, the reddish wave represents red tide, which occurs a lil more often than it needs to in some parts of the Gulf Coast. The sand represents--well, sand. The team locale I chose is on a beach, which also explains the the blue. I kinda wanted the fish to be swimming through the wave.

Ah well...

As was said before, all questions, comments, and any ideas on how to make this look better, or more like a fish, will be welcome!

'Preciate it!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

It's good, but there's something missing that would make it really feel like a logo.

I say the same thing myself. I can't quite pick out what it is though. Maybe I need to eliminate the black in it, since it's nowhere in the uniform concepts I have for this (make-believe) team.

What do you guys think?

It's.... lacking boldness. You look at the number of excellent logos here and there's always something bold about the design. Thick and asymetric lines, shading, etc.

It's not a bad start, buddy. I agree - you need to make a darker outline here or there to make it stand out a bit more. But my suggestion would be to make your circle the same shade of sand - that way it may make it more solid and look a little bit more like a symbol.

I think it will finally look like a logo when you add the wordmark, underneath. That's my only suggestion as to why it doesn't.

Considering your start more, I'd like to make the following critiques:

1) Give some definition to the tidal wave. If I were looking at this for the first time and didn't know what it was, there'd be a good chance I'd think you were advertising a seafood restaraunt because that wave could just as easily be a flame.

2) Make the wave flow into the oval. As it stands, it looks like an anchor to the left side of the logo, and added as an afterthought at that.

3) Thickers lines, say 3px, and some shading to give it dimension. Also, overemphasize some anatomical points; make the eyes more red and give the iris a cat-like look, make the teeth slightly bigger so that they fill all that void space, etc.

EDIT: Oh, and please work in PNG or GIF. Graphical artifacts are a bad thing and JPEG is notorious for creating them. It's not a format friendly to graphics design.

cttdolphins2.png

it kinda looks like it has hair or a mohawk possibly.....Mabe loose the circle, and If you still want the circle just take it around the whole logo. Another suggestion is to change the color of the water, or add more texture in the water with different colors. Also try showing more of the fish, its hard to tell right away that this is a fish.....at the least show his dorsal fin (I think that is what they call it) and one of his front fins. Needs work, but it is a solid start and has potential.

Untitled-3.gif

-s82.designs.webpage-

Brilliams!

Ownership

-CFA: South Beach Sharks

-NCFA: 2007 Beantown Bowl Champions; BNE Co-Champions

to all who've responded so far, thanks for all the pointers. Time to get back to my drawing board, grab my pencil and start sketching out some more ideas to see how I an incorporate some of your ideas into this.

Any other suggestions or ideas are welcome.

Archived