Some new works from me

Mings

Howdy folks, before I go off to Gatlinburg for a little vacation, I felt that I would share a couple of new logos that I have done with you.

K&R Excavating: This logo was done for an excavating company in Brockton, MA. The colors were the ones the clients wanted, and they wanted to include a backhoe somehow in the design. Instead of going for the overt whole machine approach, I went for having just the bucket, which I integrated into the K.

The Technical Virtuoso: The client wanted a logo that suggested that she was the answer to all of her customers technical aches and pains, hince the pill like logo. The pill can also double as a web support button as well. I used a nice clean font, and the pastel colors were the clients choice.

kr_virtuoso.png

One color logos are included in both to show how they would look at the top of a fax or at very small sizes.

So gents, what do you think? All comments and critiques are appreciated.

Joshua,

Looks good. Seems like you met your clients needs . . . I am assuming that both you and your clients were happy with the results, and that is all that matters. Nice Work!

Agreed!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Both are solid, but there's a little something [that I can't pinpoint] that's lacking in each that could make them excellent.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Thanks guys. I honestly thought that the K&R was was gonna get ripped, if anything for using Eurostile (although it was modified). I actually don't like the K&R one as much as I do the Virtuoso one.

Keep the C&C coming, when I get back from vacation, I may play around with them more and send them to the clients to see if they want the improved versions.

The K&R mongram, with the loader as the end of the K is genius. Maybe it is the Eurostile that brings it down. :P I think you could have made better text choices in both images. I think that's it. My faves right now are Trade Gothic [bold or condensed] and Helvetica Neue light [usually all lowercase].

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Yeah I've been on a Myriad Pro and Century Gothic kick for a bit, I need to get some new fonts lol.

Are there any CD's you can buy that has a lot of the good ones on them?

Adobe Font Folio is the grandamaster, and by that I mean the grandmaster that costs thousands of dollars. Go to www.linotype.com and check out some of the packages they have. They usually put a set of like fonts together in one download and sell it for a cheaper price.

Adobe Font Folio is the grandamaster, and by that I mean the grandmaster that costs thousands of dollars. Go to www.linotype.com and check out some of the packages they have. They usually put a set of like fonts together in one download and sell it for a cheaper price.

£2000 over here. Also the logos are very good, love the scoop idea, good thinking

logo.png

I'm gonna rip 'em both. Nothing personal; I just don't like either.

The K&R logo looks dated. Like it should be the 1960's logo that they gave you to upgrade. I'm sure it'll serve thier purpose, but I think you missed an opportunity.

The Tech Virtuoso, designwise, is good. BUT... feels very generic. I've seen that color scheme and layout used too many times to feel comfortable encouraging you to use it. Who are the 'coaches' you refer to? Are all her clients coaches of something?

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

The K&R mongram, with the loader as the end of the K is genius. Maybe it is the Eurostile that brings it down. :P I think you could have made better text choices in both images. I think that's it. My faves right now are Trade Gothic [bold or condensed] and Helvetica Neue light [usually all lowercase].

funny, tempest, whenvever i'm in a jam, i usually look to either trade gothic, helvetica neue, or frutiger to get me out of it.

and mings, century gothic is the devil. use futura instead. better font, more faces. century gothic is futura's redheaded stepchild.

Thanks for the additional comments guys. WiB, I think you pinpointed why I don't like the K&R one as well. I couldn't put my hand on it until you said it looks dated, and to me it does.

On the Tech one, yeah all of her clients are coaches. I also do kind of agree with you that it is a little generic. Thanks for the honesty man.

Oh yeah, free wi-fi in the hotel rocks! Well I'm off to the Smokies.

Archived