Tigers have best W-L in MLB

brinkeguthrie

I have a question for Tiger fans. Are you guys now happy with how your ballpark was built? It seems that this team is based on pitching and it helps to have a pitchers ballpark. I also think it will help keep your young pitchers in the future. I think the Tigers have shown that this is the way to build a ballpark small ballparks like CBP in Philly tend to hurt their pitching by being so small and thus hurts the team.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just took two of three from the white sox and no one is saying anything.

this team is for real.  that is all.

They may make the playoffs but they will be out in the first round round. Their ace is Kenny Rogers, a guy with a track record that shows he can't handle any type of clutch pressure situation like postseason base baseball. The guy is 0-3 in the postseason with an 8.85 ERA. He nearly killed the Yankees chances at winning the 96 World Series with his Game 4 Starts, and in 99 the Mets were trying to force a 7th Game when he was brought in the game in the 11th only to walk in the winning run. I don't like any teams' chances in the postseason with that guy making 2 starts for them in a short series. He's not a guy a team can trust.

The Tigers can be swept in 3 games in the ALDS, lose all of them by 10-0 scores, and their fans will probably be happier than the World Series champions' fans will....

Are you freaking serious? I may be a Tigers fan but if we lose in the AL Division Series I will be sorely dissapointed. Right now it's World Series or bust like every other fan of a team with playoff implications. So to say we'd be happy you are sorely mistaken.

Every fan is disappointed the day their team is eliminated.

But when it's December, and your family is gathering for Christmas dinner and you talk about the Tigers' 2006 season, will you be excited because they made the playoffs for the first time in 20 years, or disappointed because they didn't advance?

Which emotion will come to you first: Tigers making the playoffs, or Tigers getting eliminated in the postseason?

just took two of three from the white sox and no one is saying anything.

this team is for real.  that is all.

They may make the playoffs but they will be out in the first round round. Their ace is Kenny Rogers, a guy with a track record that shows he can't handle any type of clutch pressure situation like postseason base baseball. The guy is 0-3 in the postseason with an 8.85 ERA. He nearly killed the Yankees chances at winning the 96 World Series with his Game 4 Starts, and in 99 the Mets were trying to force a 7th Game when he was brought in the game in the 11th only to walk in the winning run. I don't like any teams' chances in the postseason with that guy making 2 starts for them in a short series. He's not a guy a team can trust.

The Tigers can be swept in 3 games in the ALDS, lose all of them by 10-0 scores, and their fans will probably be happier than the World Series champions' fans will....

Are you freaking serious? I may be a Tigers fan but if we lose in the AL Division Series I will be sorely dissapointed. Right now it's World Series or bust like every other fan of a team with playoff implications. So to say we'd be happy you are sorely mistaken.

Every fan is disappointed the day their team is eliminated.

But when it's December, and your family is gathering for Christmas dinner and you talk about the Tigers' 2006 season, will you be excited because they made the playoffs for the first time in 20 years, or disappointed because they didn't advance?

Which emotion will come to you first: Tigers making the playoffs, or Tigers getting eliminated in the postseason?

Right now making the postseason is a plus, and if they make the World Series than hey double bonus, but the more I think about it, i'm just happy that they make the playoffs and if they do make the World Series this year I will be absolutely ecstatic.

Now for JKRs question, I think the pitching right now is phenomenal with the young pitching we have, Maroth before he was injured showed true promise of becoming an ace same can be said for Bonderman. Verlander will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come. Zumaya will be a shutout closer if he gets his control issues under control, this kid is a freak imo. The pitching prospects Sanchez and Tata(although they could be part of the trade for Abreu) we have coming up will probably take over for Rogers if he ever decides to retire. I actually think we will have a good 5 man rotation for years.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update but the Detroit Tigers are now 75-36 and still have the best record in baseball...Tonight they will play the Minnesota Twins who is also quietly becoming a strong contender for the wildcard.

Just an update but the Detroit Tigers are now 75-36 and still have the best record in baseball...Tonight they will play the Minnesota Twins who is also quietly becoming a strong contender for the wildcard.

They also have an eight game lead on every other team in the majors... impressive.

Archived