Tigers have best W-L in MLB

brinkeguthrie

I dont think Tigers fans care who they beat, as long as they can say the same thing as the person who posted before them

I totally didn't even see his post.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
to finish with 98 wins (which in my eyes is the magic wild card number), they need to play just above .500 ball for the rest of the year. the beauty thing is that they play 10 of their last 16 games this season against KC and Baltimore, powerhouses that they are.

that seems very realisitic

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

here's the thing about the Tigers hot start...to finish with 98 wins (which in my eyes is the magic wild card number), they need to play just above .500 ball for the rest of the year. the beauty thing is that they play 10 of their last 16 games this season against KC and Baltimore, powerhouses that they are.

i'm a tigers fan, always have been, always will be. this is the first year in a looooooooooooong time i'm feeling realistic about my hopes for their success.

i'll agree with Joel, being a Tigers fan all my life and for the last decade seeing them as bad as they were was well....bad....I have stuck by them throughout the 100 loss seasons because I knew they would get better. Trust me after a 119 loss season a couple years ago, people questioned my loyalty, but all I can say is go kick some ass Tigers, best team in the MLB as of TODAY.

• 3 weeks later...

bumping this thread up to let everyone know that it's the middle of the season and the Tigers still have the best record in baseball.

Now back to your regularly scheduled reading

Well I think the sweep of the Cardinals was impressive and they wont go away. They wont win the division eventuallt the White Sox will pass them, but the Wild Card, I think they now have to be considered the favorites, that have a decent lead over the AL East teams and with the AL East beating each other up I can see them slipping in.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well I think the sweep of the Cardinals was impressive and they wont go away. They wont win the division eventuallt the White Sox will pass them, but the Wild Card, I think they now have to be considered the favorites, that have a decent lead over the AL East teams and with the AL East beating each other up I can see them slipping in.

The Sox have had chance after chance to pass the Tigers in the Standings and yet when the Tigers win the Sox, when the Tigers lose the Sox lose. Eventually one of these teams will have to have a losing streak, the way these 2 are playing, I will not doubt that these 2 teams will eventually have a one day playoff to decide the best record in the MLB and the American League Central Division Championship.

I will not doubt that these 2 teams will eventually have a one day playoff to decide the best record in the MLB and the American League Central Division Championship.

I will... because if that were the case then there would be no 1-game playoff.

---

Chris Creamer

I will not doubt that these 2 teams will eventually have a one day playoff to decide the best record in the MLB and the American League Central Division Championship.

The way things are going in the Central you never know. But it's great either way that the Tigers are first on June 26 and not fighting for fourth like any other seasons

The way things are going in the Central you never know. But it's great either way that the Tigers are first on June 26 and not fighting for fourth like any other seasons

Yes I do know, because under MLB rules there is no 1 game playoff in that scenerio.

---

Chris Creamer

Yes I do know, because under MLB rules there is no 1 game playoff in that scenerio.

Crap, I forgot about the rule, damn all this talk of Tiger Nation and the fact that I have had meetings throughout the day made me forget about the rules of baseball, epecially the above rule. Sorry Chris you are completely correct

Crap, I forgot about the rule, damn all this talk of Tiger Nation and the fact that I have had meetings throughout the day made me forget about the rules of baseball, epecially the above rule. Sorry Chris you are completely correct

It's okay, most current Tigers fans aren't usually baseball fans :P

---

Chris Creamer

yeah i'll let Joel know that Tigers fans aren't really Baseball Fans, I know baseball but today, my brain isn't here it's on vacation :P

i'll just pretend you didn't say that.... :censored:, though, you may be right....most tigers "fans" weren't there for the terrible nineties through this season. most tigers "fans" couldn't tell you who johnny wockenfuss or jim walewander are. they don't remember that barbaro garbey or chris pitarro were supposed to be the next big thing. they don't remember when we had david wells. they don't know that john smoltz was in our system. they weren't there to see clemens strike out 20 of our guys back in '96. most tigers "fans" don't remember billy martin as a manager of the tigers, only as a yanks manager. most tigers "fans" are of the fair weathered variety, and i have no use for them.

i've been through all of that crap as a fan, and this season is extra sweet because of it.

i'll just pretend you didn't say that.... :censored:, though, you may be right....most tigers "fans" weren't there for the terrible nineties through this season. most tigers "fans" couldn't tell you who johnny wockenfuss or jim walewander are. they don't remember that barbaro garbey or chris pitarro were supposed to be the next big thing. they don't remember when we had david wells. they don't know that john smoltz was in our system. they weren't there to see clemens strike out 20 of our guys back in '96. most tigers "fans" don't remember billy martin as a manager of the tigers, only as a yanks manager. most tigers "fans" are of the fair weathered variety, and i have no use for them.

i've been through all of that crap as a fan, and this season is extra sweet because of it.

Joel to let you know I wasn't in Detroit through the bad years, but I do remember the players that have come and gone, I remember us trading away so much good talent where we could have a All-Former Tigers Team. I remember Clemens striking out 20, I actually remember Tigers always being Clemens bitch. I remember the 100 loss seasons, the 119 loss seasons. I remember Phil Garner not doing a damn thing with the Tigers but yet wins a NL Title with the Astros. Point is I may be a few years younger than you, but I have been through the pain that it is to be a Tigers fan. I have been through 13 years of losing seasons. I do remember the glory years of Whitaker and Trammel. Now I want to see the glory years of Ordonez and Pudge. I am no fair weather fan, I am a true Tigers fan, and even though I live in Phoenix, I see people that have started wearing the Ol' English D because it's the cool thing to do, I've seen people start saying GO TIGERS like they are a cinderella story when they have never rooted for the Tigers in their lives. Those are the fans that piss me off. Bandwagoner fans I have no use for. Joel and other true fans I can at least relate with. It's great after all these years to be a Tigers fan. Here's to a 2006 World Series Championship. Here is to all Tigers fans who can finally enjoy this.

Archived