Tigers have best W-L in MLB

brinkeguthrie

Are there really that many "fans" jumping on the Tigers' bandwagon?

Oh, and thanks Joel for the trip down memory lane. I haven't heard Wockenfuss, Walewander, Garbey, or Pittaro's names in years! (Ol' "Johnny B" Wockenfuss was my mom's favorite player.)

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will not doubt that these 2 teams will eventually have a one day playoff to decide the best record in the MLB and the American League Central Division Championship.

I will... because if that were the case then there would be no 1-game playoff.

The way things are going in the Central you never know. But it's great either way that the Tigers are first on June 26 and not fighting for fourth like any other seasons

Yes I do know, because under MLB rules there is no 1 game playoff in that scenerio.

Crap, I forgot about the rule, damn all this talk of Tiger Nation and the fact that I have had meetings throughout the day made me forget about the rules of baseball, epecially the above rule. Sorry Chris you are completely correct

It's okay, most current Tigers fans aren't usually baseball fans :P

yeah i'll let Joel know that Tigers fans aren't really Baseball Fans

I hate when people don't read my post before responding... i've bolded the key part

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I will not doubt that these 2 teams will eventually have a one day playoff to decide the best record in the MLB and the American League Central Division Championship.

I will... because if that were the case then there would be no 1-game playoff.

The way things are going in the Central you never know. But it's great either way that the Tigers are first on June 26 and not fighting for fourth like any other seasons

Yes I do know, because under MLB rules there is no 1 game playoff in that scenerio.

Crap, I forgot about the rule, damn all this talk of Tiger Nation and the fact that I have had meetings throughout the day made me forget about the rules of baseball, epecially the above rule. Sorry Chris you are completely correct

It's okay, most current Tigers fans aren't usually baseball fans :P

yeah i'll let Joel know that Tigers fans aren't really Baseball Fans

I hate when people don't read my post before responding... i've bolded the key part

ah Chris just because I didn't leave a :P doesn't mean I wasn't joking. Lighten up :P

Hey Joel,

What about Rusty Kuntz?

Sorry not a Tigers fan, but I always chuckled when I read that name.

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

#7 Coca-Cola Giancarlo Fisichella 4pts

#8 Coca-Cola Lewis Hamilton 18pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

#9 Sirius David Ragan/Ricky Rudd

I'm enjoying reading qw and our overlord trash talk. Two fans of two teams who haven't won their division in over 10 years.

yes but right now Tigers fan at least have the right to trash talk. Last time I knew the Tigers had the best record in the MLB

yes but right now Tigers fan at least have the right to trash talk.

Detroit: 3-10 vs Bos/Nyy/Cws

Toronto: 12-10 vs Bos/Nyy/Cws

Detroit: 8-0 vs Kansas City

Chris I know the numbers, but overall standings are all that matters right now.

Hey will you two baseball know-it-alls wake me in September. It doesn't matter who is where in the standings right now, does it?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Hey will you two baseball know-it-alls wake me in September.  It doesn't matter who is where in the standings right now, does it?

for some it's about bragging rights. For me it's nice to actually say the Detroit Tigers are first, last year at this time they were fighting for fourth, it's just nice seeing them win and not see them with another losing season. So for me it's about bragging rights, but we'll see in September. Tell me Greg did you expect the Tigers to have the best record in baseball at this point? Or were you expecting them to be like years before?

Hey will you two baseball know-it-alls wake me in September.  It doesn't matter who is where in the standings right now, does it?

for some it's about bragging rights. For me it's nice to actually say the Detroit Tigers are first, last year at this time they were fighting for fourth, it's just nice seeing them win and not see them with another losing season. So for me it's about bragging rights, but we'll see in September. Tell me Greg did you expect the Tigers to have the best record in baseball at this point? Or were you expecting them to be like years before?

Honestly, Gary, I gave absolutely no thought to the Tigers' prospects this year.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• 4 weeks later...
just took two of three from the white sox and no one is saying anything.

this team is for real. that is all.

They may make the playoffs but they will be out in the first round round. Their ace is Kenny Rogers, a guy with a track record that shows he can't handle any type of clutch pressure situation like postseason base baseball. The guy is 0-3 in the postseason with an 8.85 ERA. He nearly killed the Yankees chances at winning the 96 World Series with his Game 4 Starts, and in 99 the Mets were trying to force a 7th Game when he was brought in the game in the 11th only to walk in the winning run. I don't like any teams' chances in the postseason with that guy making 2 starts for them in a short series. He's not a guy a team can trust.

personally, i'd put bonderman and verlander in those situations any day of the week.

agreed, hell i'd even bring in Robertson or Miner in place of Rogers, he's good for the regular season, but the other pitchers can take it from here in the playoffs.

this team is for real.  that is all.

They may make the playoffs but they will be out in the first round round. Their ace is Kenny Rogers, a guy with a track record that shows he can't handle any type of clutch pressure situation like postseason base baseball. The guy is 0-3 in the postseason with an 8.85 ERA. He nearly killed the Yankees chances at winning the 96 World Series with his Game 4 Starts, and in 99 the Mets were trying to force a 7th Game when he was brought in the game in the 11th only to walk in the winning run. I don't like any teams' chances in the postseason with that guy making 2 starts for them in a short series. He's not a guy a team can trust.

The Tigers can be swept in 3 games in the ALDS, lose all of them by 10-0 scores, and their fans will probably be happier than the World Series champions' fans will....

The Tigers can be swept in 3 games in the ALDS, lose all of them by 10-0 scores, and their fans will probably be happier than the World Series champions' fans will....

Are you freaking serious? I may be a Tigers fan but if we lose in the AL Division Series I will be sorely dissapointed. Right now it's World Series or bust like every other fan of a team with playoff implications. So to say we'd be happy you are sorely mistaken.

Are you freaking serious? I may be a Tigers fan but if we lose in the AL Division Series I will be sorely dissapointed. Right now it's World Series or bust like every other fan of a team with playoff implications. So to say we'd be happy you are sorely mistaken.

Don't jump for joy too soon, Gary. I remember a Seattle team that won 116 games only to crap out in the playoffs. Most people here call that a success. I beg to differ.

As good as the Tigers are, I don't see 'em making it to the WS. BUT if they do, it'll be Tigers/Padres all over again.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

i'm not with gary on this one.

i'm happy with the season we've had so far....it's exceeded my wildest expectations. i know that if we can keep our core and keep developing from within, this will be a team to reckon with for years to come.

i'm happy with this season, as is. if we get a playoff berth, bonus. if we make it past the first round, bonus.

Archived