British Bulldogs

lost_limey

As some of you may know, the RFL on this board is going through a major period of change and upheaval (not least of which is the rebranding from Regional Football League to World Football Alliance).

So, in honor of the league's new identity, I'm revising my team the British Bulldogs from this:

rfl_buldogs.gif

To something a little cleaner.

Major changes include:

• Changin the Red & Blue to the offical PANTONE colors of the Union Jack
  • Abandoning silver completely (after all there's no Silver in the Union Flag)
  • Removing the RFL logo from the collars
  • Altering the Bulldog logo to look less like a cartoon
  • Re-doing the name and number in a more traditional football font
  • Changing the striping just about everywhere

The end result is this:

bulldog2006.gif

I'm still not happy with the logos and am looking for some C&C on the new duds

I can't see your logos because I'm at work (certain sites like photobucket are blocked), but I hope your logo includes Davey Boy Smith and the Dynamite Kid. I also hope I'm the first to make that joke, or else I'll feel like a jerk.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

First, flip the order of the sleeve stripes on the red uniform.

I actually kind of like the new bulldog logo, although it reminds me overly much of the Bulldog in Amsterdam, which in turn makes me think of how holiday weekends would fill the streets of Amsterdam with extraordinarily annoying British young men back when I lived there. Like football hooligans, but without the football, and with way too much pot in their systems.

But I digress. Looking at your new bulldog logo, I keep thinking that it needs to have slightly Churchill-like features. I don't know; Brits probably get tired of Americans thinking "Churchill" all the time when their country's identity comes up. But the royals look rather more like horses than bulldogs, so there it is.

That said, really nice uniform set. I particularly like that you've kept the blue alternate; the package makes me think of the red coats of the British Army and the blue coats of the Royal Navy.

20082614447.png

wow thats a great upgrade. Everything which i would have commented on the original uniforms have been fixed. For example i was going to recomend changing the numbers to white on the blue and red jerseys. There nothing i really want to see change on the new jerseys. Great change

I hope your logo includes Davey Boy Smith and the Dynamite Kid. I also hope I'm the first to make that joke, or else I'll feel like a jerk.

I hope you don't feel too jerkis but someone made a joke along those lines last year when I submitted the original ID.

The logo could definately use some work. Compared to your old logo its not very good. Keep going with it.

Well, could you elaborate with a few more specifics? Or say, any specifics. What's wrong with it to you compared with the old cartoon logo?

First, flip the order of the sleeve stripes on the red uniform.

I'm doing so right now, can't believe I didn't spot that inconsistency myself.

Looking at your new bulldog logo, I keep thinking that it needs to have slightly Churchill-like features. I don't know;
It's hard to get more Churchill-like features than the average bulldog anyway, but what would I need to change? Round the jowls? add a cigar? I'll work on this, as soon as I figure what 'this' is.
wow thats a great upgrade. Everything which i would have commented on the original uniforms have been fixed.

Well, Thank you very much kind sir.

Baby, Baby, Let Me Sleep On It. I'll give you an answer in the morning

Oh, alright then. I can wait.

{Edit - fixed the quote tags}

to me it's a downgrade, your current stuff is nice and way better and at first i thought it was the new stuff. Try making the bulldog more meaner.

Could you elaborate on why it's a downgrade?

I would suggest taking the bulldog head off the england flag on the primary.

On the blue pants your stripes are not straight, but hthey are on the other two.

On the bulldog try giving it open eyes.

Definitly an upgrade

DRew

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Could you elaborate on why it's a downgrade?

becuase it's boring and not as nice as the old ones. The old ones were cool with the brithish flag on the shoulders this is not as unigue and interesting as the old ones.

Archived