Discovery Channel Tonight (6/7) 10 pm East & West

no97

Tonight (Wed. 6/7) @ 10 p.m. Eastern & Pacific, Discovery Channel will air Extreme Engineering - Super Stadium, a show about the new Arizona Cardinals Stadium construction. The preview commercial I saw this morning show a lot of detail, with artisits renderings, and construction video. I'm not sure how up to date the show is, but I imagine with the opening about two months away, it will be fairly up to snuff...

FYI, from the link provided (if you're too lazy to click), other air times are 2 a.m. East and West, and Sat. morning (6/10) at 9 a.m. East and West.

Moose

Tonight (Wed. 6/7) @ 10 p.m. Eastern & Pacific, Discovery Channel will air Extreme Engineering - Super Stadium, a show about the new Arizona Cardinals Stadium construction. The preview commercial I saw this morning show a lot of detail, with artisits renderings, and construction video. I'm not sure how up to date the show is, but I imagine with the opening about two months away, it will be fairly up to snuff...

FYI, from the link provided (if you're too lazy to click), other air times are 2 a.m. East and West, and Sat. morning (6/10) at 9 a.m. East and West.

Moose

I've been in there. All I can say is wow I have never ever seen a stadium like this one, the stadiums are what they say about their uni's "revolutionary". Absolutely incredible. Anyone going to the new stadium will be shellshocked on how beautiful it is.

I feel like I should know this, but it is Cardinals only? Will Arizona State or the Fiesta Bowl play games at this stadium?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I feel like I should know this, but it is Cardinals only? Will Arizona State or the Fiesta Bowl play games at this stadium?

Arizona Cardinals, Fiesta Bowl, BCS National Championship Game, Super Bowl XLII, Concerts, Future NCAA Final Four possibly, AZ High School Football Championships for 4A and 5A, and Motorcross will all be at the new Cardinals Stadium. Arizona State will still play at Sun Devil Stadium.

This program was filmed sometime last summer. The construction crew was still putting the fabric ("Birdair") on the roof, and the rails were still being laid for the retractible field.

This is the fourth or fifth time this has aired...it's also already available on DVD (I'm gonna get me a copy).

Information-wise - it's a good show. However, the host of this program is the biggest freakin' wimp I've ever seen. The whole thing seemed to center on the host's fear of heights.

Just remember - the stadium's has had a whole additional year of construction since it was filmed.

I feel like I should know this, but it is Cardinals only?  Will Arizona State or the Fiesta Bowl play games at this stadium?

Arizona Cardinals, Fiesta Bowl, BCS National Championship Game, Super Bowl XLII, Concerts, Future NCAA Final Four possibly, AZ High School Football Championships for 4A and 5A, and Motorcross will all be at the new Cardinals Stadium. Arizona State will still play at Sun Devil Stadium.

Wow. VERY thorough. Thank you.

Yeah, it makes sense for the Sun Devils to stay at the Sun Devil Stadium. In fact, I can't think of too many college teams that regularly play of professional stadiums. The converse happens quite a bit (Seattle, Tennessee, LA Raiders and Rams, and Arizona come immediately to mind), but the only college that holds its home games in a pro stadium that I can think of is USF. Huh.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Yeah, it makes sense for the Sun Devils to stay at the Sun Devil Stadium. In fact, I can't think of too many college teams that regularly play of professional stadiums. The converse happens quite a bit (Seattle, Tennessee, LA Raiders and Rams, and Arizona come immediately to mind), but the only college that holds its home games in a pro stadium that I can think of is USF. Huh.

The U. of Pittsburgh plays at Heinz Field also.

If you want more info about Cardinals Stadium, here are some links:

Cardinals Stadium (Official Website)

Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority

Arizona 2008 Super Bowl

AZCentral.com Pics

Glendale's Got Game

HOK Arizona Cardinals Stadium

Eisenman Architects (designer of Cardinals Stadium)

Hunt Construction Group

Westgate City Center

There's lots more, but this is a start.

So after the field rolls in, how do they put seats in the area where the field came from (lower left on your picture)?

EDIT

Never mind - you answered it in the "Inaugural Logo" thread. (i.e., there are none except for big events).

It's where I sit.

This program was filmed sometime last summer. The construction crew was still putting the fabric ("Birdair") on the roof, and the rails were still being laid for the retractible field.

This is the fourth or fifth time this has aired...it's also already available on DVD (I'm gonna get me a copy).

Information-wise - it's a good show. However, the host of this program is the biggest freakin' wimp I've ever seen. The whole thing seemed to center on the host's fear of heights.

Just remember - the stadium's has had a whole additional year of construction since it was filmed.

That's too bad. I'm no where near as excited now as I was when I first saw the promo for the show. I'll still watch it, though...

Moose

Archived