Support the US by supporting US Soccer

paynomind

About the whole bus issue. Not including the flag/US markings is absurd. First of all, all the busses have the same template, just in different colors, so it is easy to pick them out. Also, the US bus still has the slogan that is on all the other team's busses. So that is also a marking that identifies them. Also, each team supposedly only gets one bus, so you can't really send out decoy busses. Also, there is a picture of each bus online (http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/hfc/bt_ws.html), so if someone wanted to cause any trouble, they would not have any trouble identifying the US bus.

Many of them hate the African-American players in the tournament, specifically those on the US team.

Thanks, Tim McCarver.

Hahahaha!

"...because the team that scores the most runs has the better shot of winning."

Good ol' McCarver...guy should quit while he's behind.

Many of them hate the African-American players in the tournament, specifically those on the US team.

Thanks, Tim McCarver.

Hahahaha!

"...because the team that scores the most runs has the better shot of winning."

Good ol' McCarver...guy should quit while he's behind.

Who said he was ever ahead...or break-even to be completely honest... ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

It's going to sound really redneck and low-class, but since that's what they see us as anyway: I think we should take the Stone Cold approach. Come in with a monster truck, win the whole damn thing, flip off the crowd, get drunk on the field, then walk off chanting: "USA! USA!".

That would make my decade.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

About the whole bus issue. Not including the flag/US markings is absurd. First of all, all the busses have the same template, just in different colors, so it is easy to pick them out. Also, the US bus still has the slogan that is on all the other team's busses. So that is also a marking that identifies them. Also, each team supposedly only gets one bus, so you can't really send out decoy busses. Also, there is a picture of each bus online (http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/hfc/bt_ws.html), so if someone wanted to cause any trouble, they would not have any trouble identifying the US bus.

Though it is interesting to note that the US bus is the only one without a flag on the side of it (look at the photos, on the side, near the back, is every flag... but the USA)

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/hfc/bt_ws.html

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

It's going to sound really redneck and low-class, but since that's what they see us as anyway:  I think we should take the Stone Cold approach. Come in with a monster truck, win the whole damn thing, flip off the crowd, get drunk on the field, then walk off chanting: "USA! USA!".

Don't forget to sing that Toby Keith song while you're at it. :upside:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

...so, 3-0. so much for flipping the world off (although i think/hope many of the us players WERE drunk on the pit...i mean, field). unless that was a snide american "fock you world, we don't want to play in your silly tourney anyway!"

the american coverage of the world cup has been rediculous at best. american reporters have sensationalized the "rascist, fascist, anarchist" europeans and have repeatedly drawn innacurate correlations between teams, fans and their governments. iran is a pretty good example. during the mexico-iran game, idunno how many times i heard about how the iranian president is an international criminal for his questioning the halocaust. do the players care? i can't imagine so. do the fans care? they've got more to worry about (namely losing to mexico). this is just the american media using the world cup to reinforce the stereotypes it's been force-feeding the uninformed american populace since...well, prolly ww2.

go to some bundesliga games. go to some serie a games. go to some la liga games. hell, go to tehran. don't be a jackass stereotypical american and i'm sure you'll be alright (sorry if i'm leaving out any canucks). and out of all the soccer games in the last 4 years (the last time america paid attention to footie) how many of these horrible incidences have occured? maybe 20, all offensive incidences included? it's bad, but not nearly the bird-flu-esque-epidemic the media sensationalizes.

that said, i hope the yanks sack up and kick some italian butt on saturday.

It's going to sound really redneck and low-class, but since that's what they see us as anyway:  I think we should take the Stone Cold approach. Come in with a monster truck, win the whole damn thing, flip off the crowd, get drunk on the field, then walk off chanting: "USA! USA!".

Don't forget to sing that Toby Keith song while you're at it. :upside:

But of course. And to avoid confusion, I'm not saying we should flip off the crowd and such to basically tell them to go away, I'm saying that we should do it just to be best heels about it we can. The old "We don't care about it, everyone hates us, and we won anyway!"

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived