golden hawks logo/concept

leggman01

back in february i designed this logo and sent it to the local high school which will be opening this fall - see this thread to see the development of the logo - well after MONTHS of not hearing a thing, it seems that there MIGHT be some interest from the school - i need some serious c&c on these logo's to improve them - keep in mind this is for a high school and adding additional colors, etc. may not be reasonable/cost effective

here are the logo's:

goldenhawk11wwdmk207fe.png

primary with wordmark

helmetgold5vm.png

primary on helmet

ltrmark1403xv.png

lettermark/secondary

hat1ot.png

lettermark on hat (thanks to cward, i think, for the hat template)

hawksbbuniaway6ik.png

hoops uni w/ lettermark

the uniform and hat were done to show the application of the lettermark only - thanks for any tips to make these better

jldesigns404eo.png

I like how they are, the colours i mean. For a highschool, you can't really go all out like that unless your school is loaded or a private/prep school.

The only suggestion i have is make the eyes pop a little, as in make them stand out. They are a dark purple which is the dominant colour of the logo. Other than the white reflection, you really can't see the eyes standing out as much.

Other's might disagree about this but i just think it would look a little better with the eyes defined just a little more.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

just wondering-what does the P stand for in HSP?

everything looks great by the way :D

Probably 'Park.'

actually it's for SPrings...that's just the way the town abbreviates the name - thanks for the feedback so far

jldesigns404eo.png

Not too bad - the colors work nicely, I think - but the hawk doesn't look too ferocious. I don't know if that's the intent or not, but you could maybe tweak him a little more to make him look more aggressive.

If that's how you all abbreviate it, then that's how you all abbreviate it. I'd like to see maybe making the S and P in the baseball hat lettermark more cohesive then. Maybe not, but it might work.

In terms of the eagle, yeah, my first thought was the same comment about the eyes.

Since the neck of the eagle curves upward, maybe you could do the wordmark in the logo in the same style. Have "Golden Hawks" curve directly under, but keep "Holly Springs High School" straight.

I don't know, these are just a few random suggestions. I don't know how they would look, but maybe play around with them and see how they work.

Good luck.

it's a pretty light gold on my monitor - i've played around with the gold quite a bit - the royal purple was pretty easy to find...i got the rgb values on a color website, but vegas gold is tougher to find - some of the golds i used looked to "brassy", others too brown, others to yellow - if anyone has the rgb values for vegas gold, feel free to post them, because the tannish/goldish color is intended to be vegas gold - i suppose if i get the job, the school will give me those values since they've picked the colors, but it would help my presentation to have the right colors to start with

zboyer - i hear your concerns regarding the ferocity of the hawk, but honestly, i'm going for stately and regal, but still intimidating...i think i've hit that mark, but maybe not - the ferocious hawk has been done quite a bit...i was looking for a little different feel

the eye is another area i struggled quite a bit with, and i was in a pretty happy place until i read these comments :) - the primary reference photo i used, (as well as all others i used) showed a pretty dark eye...i'm not sure how to fix it, and to be honest, i rather like what i've got - as i said, though, i'm certainly open to suggestions, so if someone has an idea about making it stand out without adding another color, let's hear it

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived