World Cup Question

jkrdevil

I was looking over the World Cup schedule and I realized there are only 2 or 3 games per day, the max is 4.

So I have this question, why is there 12 venues for the event? It's not like each group is a t a seperate venue theyare all mixed. They could easily do this on 1 or 2 venues only which would make it easier on the teams becasue they don't have to travel like they do now. I'm sure it would also make it cheaper to run.

It gives cities around the country an opportunity to host the matches, making it more accessible to fans. Didn't the US have 8 or 10 host cities during the '94 World Cup?

I think it also gives time to heal the fields so they're in good shape for the next game.

There also might teams from other sports that may need to use the stadiums, and this way you don,t have only 3 or 4 that are tied up for the whole month.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

It gives cities around the country an opportunity to host the matches, making it more accessible to fans. Didn't the US have 8 or 10 host cities during the '94 World Cup?

I think it also gives time to heal the fields so they're in good shape for the next game.

There also might teams from other sports that may need to use the stadiums, and this way you don,t have only 3 or 4 that are tied up for the whole month.

1994 World Cup had 9 cities:

Foxboro Stadium - Foxboro, MA

Soldier Field - Chicago, IL

Cotton Bowl - Dallas, TX

Silverdome - Pontiac, MI

Rose Bowl - Pasadena, CA

Giants Stadium - East Rutherford, NJ

Citrus Bowl - Orlando, FL

Stanford Stadium - Palo Alto, CA

RFK Stadium - Washington, D.C.

Remember this is an opportunity for a nation to expand travel and tourism. Every region of a country should be exposed to the international audience. USA 1994 had 9 venues (Chicago, DC, Orlando, LA/Pasadena, Detroit/Pontiac, Dallas, Boston/Foxboro, NYC/Meadowlands, and SF/Stanford). Japan and Korea had 10 venues in each nation.

Furthermore, fields do have to heal, in the champs league, there is a rule which prohibits a ground to have consecutive soccer matches. This is the reason why in the 2nd round, Inter Milan and AC Milan play their home leg a week apart, even though their home legs are both the final legs of their respective ties.

Also Germany have some great cities and some world class stadiums, i.e Gelsenkirchen..

like Beyonce said, if you got it flaunt it.

• 11 years later...

Archived