The NHL.....steroid-free?

HedleyLamarr

I don't think any of the major sports test for HGH though.

So they're clean* like MLB, NBA and NHL.

*No HGH testing

Exactly. That said though....

Hedley, shouldn't you know if it is anything but negative news about the NHL it is going to get buried. The big sportswriters out there want no news that might actually help raise the popularity of the Hockey.

Hedley, shouldn't you know if it is anything but negative news about the NHL it is going to get buried. The big sportswriters out there want no news that might actually help raise the popularity of the Hockey.

I'm not talking specifically about the NHL. This goes for any news subject: Iraq, sports....positive news stories just don't get on the air.

how can you test monthly for HGH?

i may be mistaken, but doesn't that require drawing blood?

you want to analyze blood samples of approximately 700 people on a monthly basis?

how can you test monthly for HGH?

i may be mistaken, but doesn't that require drawing blood?

you want to analyze blood samples of approximately 700 people on a monthly basis?

It's not nearly as hard as it sounds. Our hospital system does blood analyses on hundreds of people daily. You set it up where each team sends samples to a nearby lab for testing, although it could be easily done by one central lab acting as a repository. 20-25 players per team, 1 sample per player, 1 set of tests per sample, once a month is entirely feasible. Drawing blood requires all of 1 minute per sample... and that's if the lab tech can't find a vein quickly, a very unlikely situation in some of the healthiest young men in the world and their highly-tuned cardiovascular systems.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I for one laughed when I read this yesterday. To try and portray that not one single player is using performance enhancing drugs is a joke. Pound is right, what are they testing for and when are they doing it? Obviously they're not testing for amphetamines, because I have seen many stories about how hockey players pop pills like candy for games.

I'll bet Donald Fehr called to find out what labs they're using so he could pass it on to Bud Selig.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Archived