Help with identifying a logo

chadlamasa

Hi All,

This is my first post. I was driving around the Baltimore area this morning and I saw one of those magnets on a guys' car and I couldn't figure out what team it was for. It was a light brown buffalo (bison) head with a B in it. It sort of looked like the B on the Ravens helmets (without the wing part). I've asked around work and no one seems to know what it is. This has been driving me crazy all day. Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The Bucknell one looks like what he was describing, but when I first read this post I thought "It's probably a local high school." Having high school logo sticker/maginets on cars is becoming more popular around here (which is odd, because I wouldn't say Buffalo was a huge hotbed of high school sports.)

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I live in/near Baltimore and I can't think of any high schools around here that start with B and have a buffalo/bison/bull mascot. The closest I can think of is the Hereford Bulls, but they would presumably use an H.

I thought of Bucknell too, since there are a fair amount of Bucknell alums around here. Now that someone has posted the logo, we can wait to see what chadlamasa says.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Hi All,

This is my first post. I was driving around the Baltimore area this morning and I saw one of those magnets on a guys' car and I couldn't figure out what team it was for. It was a light brown buffalo (bison) head with a B in it. It sort of looked like the B on the Ravens helmets (without the wing part). I've asked around work and no one seems to know what it is. This has been driving me crazy all day. Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What colors were the logo? The buff was brown, but what color was said bison outlined in? What color was the rest of the logo??

fade.gif

It might have been the Bucknell logo. I think the Buffalo was facing the other direction but other than that it looked the same, at least what I remember it looking like. I wish I had taken a picture of it with my camera phone. It was early and I was on my way to work still half asleep. Thanks for the help. I wasn't really expecting a same day answer.

It might have been the Bucknell logo. I think the Buffalo was facing the other direction but other than that it looked the same, at least what I remember it looking like. I wish I had taken a picture of it with my camera phone. It was early and I was on my way to work still half asleep. Thanks for the help. I wasn't really expecting a same day answer.

If it was facing the other direction, look at these from the school's page on graphic standards.

Bucknell Athletics Graphic Standards

Archived