MLS Cup logo revealed

MJWalker45

I am feeling the :censored: out of this! Love everything about it other than the negative space Texas in the "P" because it just seems forced and the gradients, but it's supposed to be all shiny, so it's cool. Especially loving that script. I'm sure it's custom, but if anyone knows of a close approximation fontwise, I'd gladly appreciate it if you would holla at a brotha.

Almost seems too good for the MLS. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Its a great logo.....for the rodeo! If this was for bull riding, I would love it, but I dont think of soccer. I do understand it fits the texas felling though. So I guess overall its a good logo, but its hard to fit soccer and buckle together for me. Just my 2 cents.

2000Patch.jpg

Its a great logo.....for the rodeo! If this was for bull riding, I would love it, but I dont think of soccer. I do understand it fits the texas felling though. So I guess overall its a good logo, but its hard to fit soccer and buckle together for me. Just my 2 cents.

It kind of wouldn't work as a rodeo logo considering it has the MLS cup trophy in it. <_<

Ben, did you have a hand in this one like you did last year? Cause thats a damn nice logo.

Mings,

Yes and no. Officially, this year's MLS Cup logo was designed by MLS Creative Services (as far as I know). Early on in the process last year we (RARE Design, who I freelanced with) made some comps similar to this year's final outcome (among other things, we explored belt buckles, badges, cow skulls, all that stereotypical texas imagery). They decided to go with the badge for last year and a red-white-blue-silver theme. This year, the belt buckle theme, apparently. I think it looks great, personally. It actually looks like a furthering of some of our comps from last year, in a way. I would like to think that had they chosen to go in that direction last year, we would have come up with something similar. But they did a good job, in my opinion.

Archived