Another Ravens Helmet

gueman

I love the front head logo. Here I removed the outer gold and white outlines. I did try to outline the purple in a thin white. It didn't look good at all. This is a simple yet distinctive look. Enjoy.

Helmet71306.png

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

This is a simple yet distinctive look

it is simple and distinctive, unfortunately, without an outline i don't think anyone who was more than about 10 feet away would be able to see it...that's just not a logo that lends itself to a black background, in my opinion

jldesigns404eo.png

it is simple and distinctive, unfortunately, without an outline i don't think anyone who was more than about 10 feet away would be able to see it...that's just not a logo that lends itself to a black background, in my opinion

Agreed

I knew that was going to be a major complaint. Then I thought of all the NFL games I have been to and realized that you can't see the majority of helmet logos or uniform logos from most of the stands. Most of the design work is done for the TV crowd not the stadium crowd. I do think that this would be fine for TV.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I knew that was going to be a major complaint. Then I thought of all the NFL games I have been to and realized that you can't see the majority of helmet logos or uniform logos from most of the stands. Most of the design work is done for the TV crowd not the stadium crowd. I do think that this would be fine for TV.

i have a hard time seeing it on my computer monitor...i don't think it would work on tv, but that's just my opinion

jldesigns404eo.png

Agreed. I think it needs the gold outline . . . and this is coming from someone who obviously likes that logo.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I don't think mascots work on a helmet if they aren't either in motion or at least facing forward. It looks odd to have eyes staring directly out of the side of the helmet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't think the visibility would be a big problem-- if anything, the subtlety to having a raven's head embedded in the side of the helmet that isn't immediately apparent would be cool. That said, it would still be better with the gold outline:

FP3426~Baltimore-Ravens-Logo-Posters.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I agree that you need an outline. use the gold and white outline from the poster, but overall i like u concept. "Less is much better". God knows i hate the ravens' logo on their helmets now

I agree that you need an outline. use the gold and white outline from the poster, but overall i like u concept. "Less is much better". God knows i hate the ravens' logo on their helmets now

Well that has been done more than a few times here. :D

I have been working on outlining the purple with both white and gold. That looked like crap then I tried a drop shadow and it hurt my eyes. Then I started playing with the purple. I think that was the problem. It is two dark, so I brightened it up a bit, and I think it works.

Helmet71406.png

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

P. J. O'Rourke

I love the front head logo. Here I removed the outer gold and white outlines. I did try to outline the purple in a thin white. It didn't look good at all. This is a simple yet distinctive look. Enjoy.

Helmet71306.png

As a Ravens fan, I never really liked that profile logo. I think the former profile logo is better.

1zz6gs2.gif

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Archived