Smith out as Islanders GM

jkrdevil

The Islanders will be forever cursed until Mike Milbury's reign of terror comes to an end. He is like King Midas, only everything he touches turns to :censored:.

I have known Mike Milbury was an overly controlling micro-managing assh*le from his days with the Bruins. He toyed with Boston College, and was only head coach for two months before abruptly quitting because he wasn't going to control as much as he thought. He pulled his 10 franchise players from the Lowell Lockmonsters when he felt the players from the shared affiliate of the Kings were getting preferential treatment. He's traded away two top players for absolutely nothing.

A friend of mine, who is friends with Milbury's son, refused to build a pro-Mike Milbury website (to get back at all the anti-Milbury ones) because she thought he was an assh*le.

What a classy guy, that Mike Milbury.

Once an assh*le, always an assh*le.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The Islanders will be forever cursed until Mike Milbury's reign of terror comes to an end. He is like King Midas, only everything he touches turns to :censored:.

I have known Mike Milbury was an overly controlling micro-managing assh*le from his days with the Bruins. He toyed with Boston College, and was only head coach for two months before abruptly quitting because he wasn't going to control as much as he thought. He pulled his 10 franchise players from the Lowell Lockmonsters when he felt the players from the shared affiliate of the Kings were getting preferential treatment. He's traded away two top players for absolutely nothing.

A friend of mine, who is friends with Milbury's son, refused to build a pro-Mike Milbury website (to get back at all the anti-Milbury ones) because she thought he was an assh*le.

What a classy guy, that Mike Milbury.

Once an assh*le, always an assh*le.

Milbury had absolutley nothing to do with this. And Wang has never even mentioned him being on the "committee". I lostened to Wang's 20 minute interview on 660 WFAN with Chris Russo, and he was constantly saying Nolan, Wang, Trottier, LaFontaine, and now Snow. Obviuosly LaFontaine isnt on it but still no mention of Milbury.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Some good ones.

Radio|Cleveland: Any truth to the rumor that the Islanders will try to make Snow feel more at home in his new digs by installing a red light on the wall behind the GM's desk that flashes every five minutes?
Rob (Ottawa): Dear New Jersey,

I apologize. I meant the NEW YORK ISLANDERS were a Mickey Mouse organization.

Signed,

Wayne Gretzky 

Blueshirt Joe LI: I think Milbury should go beat Wang with his shoe.

And of course the classic line

Pete/ hempstead turnpike: WE WANT FISHSTICKS!

-----------------

Milbury had absolutley nothing to do with this. And Wang has never even mentioned him being on the "committee". I lostened to Wang's 20 minute interview on 660 WFAN with Chris Russo, and he was constantly saying Nolan, Wang, Trottier, LaFontaine, and now Snow. Obviuosly LaFontaine isnt on it but still no mention of Milbury.

You don't think Millbury is in the background somewhere talking in Wang's ear? The guy was the GM of a team that was usually near the bottom of the league standings for a decade. What did he get for that he got promoted and and is still a part of the Islanders organization. He still is an advisor to Wang.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Hate to quote myself, but they removed the "Black Tuesday" section, and added the stuff into the Milbury section. I bet Wang edited it himself! :D

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

You don't think Millbury is in the background somewhere talking in Wang's ear? The guy was the GM of a team that was usually near the bottom of the league standings for a decade. What did he get for that he got promoted and and is still a part of the Islanders organization. He still is an advisor to Wang.

why can't the islander organization flush the turd that is milbury down the toilet? the isles need an enema, so they can flush the excess waste from the team.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived