An idol of mine will bat tonight!

Swiss

Like you, my pals, I never understand why this nice man isn't yet in the HOF...

I discovered him watching Ken Burns' Baseball and read some things in its companion book. And his stats in the Negro Leagues are HOF caliber...

His amiable face, his soft voice (although I'm officially deaf, I'm actually a hypoacusical one, that is, I can hear some things with a hearing aid) and his clear concepts about the people and game of baseball made him a perfect ambassador of the game.

Watching at his 94 years of life, I like to think that his longevity is due to his daily baseball playing when he was young (physically speaking of course!)

Long life to Buck!!!

JiReYHAg.jpg

We want Buck in HOF! We want Buck in HOF! We want Buck in HOF! We want Buck in HOF! We want Buck in HOF! We want Buck in HOF! We want Buck in HOF! We want Buck in HOF! We want Buck in HOF! (**)

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Ok, I was at the Northern League All-Star game. I was thrilled that Buck was "Making Hisotry".

Here are some shots I got from my seat 5 rows back from home plate. Which by the way cost me $16 and free parking. Screw the MLB, this is great entertainment for your dollar. That is why I want it in my town so bad.

Good for you Buck. We love you and you are truely a legend.

These pics are through the netting. I apologize.

Here comes Buck!

Is he waving at me? No, probably not. But it's a great pic.!

Buck swarmed by journalists.

Another photo Op.

Along side the All-Stars of the Northern League.

Batting for the West All-Stars Against KC Pitcher John Krysa.

Walk, go Buck!

Buck steps in for the East All-Stars against Winnipeg Pitcher Josh Beshears

Not too bad for 94! Way to go Buck.

I saw that too. For the weekend, I'm going to KC for a couple of Royals games and plan to visit the Negro League Hall of Fame. Every time I mention stopping by the NLHOF while I'm there, people always tell me to go see O'Neil, who works there. They say he's always willing to talk baseball. I was surprised to see him back in the spotlight right before I plan to go see him and the Hall of Fame. So I'll be chatting up some baseball with the great Buck O'Neil this weekend.

MisterE, there will be one chance to tell your sons and grandsons: "I actually chatted about baseball with Buck O'Neil who played with Babe Ruth, Jackie and Gibson".

Congrats!!!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived