Julio Lugo

amare32

I can't tell you where he's going, and I'd almost forgotten where he's been. Anyone remember his days in HOU?

Julio_Lugo.jpg

GqkPoBwM.jpg

2002-03-05-lugo1.gif

He's turned into a good leadoff hitter -- draws walks, good speed, doubles and occaisional HR power. Someone's gonna get a solid ballplayer in Lugo.

I remember him being run out of Houston after beating his wife. TB picked him up off the scrap heap and he seemed to turn things around. As long as he and his wife found peace then best of luck to him. He is a solid player.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Who wants him, though. I haven't heard many teams that may want him or not. And yes, he is a good, speedy guy who can get on base and score lots of runs.

The Brewers are one team that's interested (or should be interested).

Their starting SS (JJ hardy) is out for the season with an ankle injury, their starting third baseman (Korey Koskie) is out suffering from the after-effects of a concussion.

Starting has been the 36 year old Jeff Cirillo at 3B (who is clearly being overworked) and super-utility man Bill Hall at SS, with the backup SS being an average AAA call-up in Chris Barnwell.

Save the slugalo.

The Brewers are one team that's interested (or should be interested).

Naw, cos they're not prepared to pay him. JJ Hardy is still the longterm SS. In the meantime, they're 3 games under .500, 7 games back of the Cardinals -- just not serious contenders. And since they're tipped to deal the too expensive Carlos Lee, I think they're more likely to be sellers than buyers. Future is bright in MIL, but the playoffs will have to wait until 2007.

Archived