walkdesign.com relaunch

walkdesign

Great, great stuff and really nice layout on the website itself.

FYI, the last sentence of your intro on the front page (about the Derrek Lee site) is a little confusing.

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

Great, great stuff and really nice layout on the website itself.

FYI, the last sentence of your intro on the front page (about the Derrek Lee site) is a little confusing.

thanks! I think I am having a copywriter friend help me on that, they hated it! :)

This may be a little better:

Walk Design also launched 1stTouch.org this season, the charity site of Chicago Cubs player Derek Lee, which helps children in need in Sacramento, CA.

Really nice design. Though one think i would say is get a decent email address, you have a professional looking site and then a hotmail email address. Surely you got email accounts with your domain so use them

logo.png

Great site. Great portfolio.

However, I'm sure you want SOME critique.

1) As said above, get rid of the hotmail address... have a "@walkdesign.com" forward to it, if you prefer hotmail.

2) There is a typo on the contact page. There is an extra space before a period in the first line.

3) There's too many different fonts going on. The general rule is 2-3. You have your logo font, the top right nav font, the copy html font, and now a new retro gothic font on the left side reading from bottom to top.

which brings me to:

4) You have two styles going on here... I don't know if they mesh, or conflict.

one style is the logo and the outside box is clean... then you have all of this old school grungy stuff going on in the inside... which I love! I would make the outside white box more grungy... to match the inside.

Then, I would take your logo, and try to make it look like it was spray painted on something... to give it more edge... and then I would do the same to the upper right nav bar text. Maybe even use that cool gothic font you have on the bottom left, on the upper right nav bar.

Excellent site, you don't need to change it, but these are just conceptual suggestions.

your espn stuff is really nice...i just mentioned to one of my buddies today how much i liked the espn fantasy logo's, then i see them on your site - you didn't by any chance do the espn edge logo, did you? that's pretty tight, too

anyway, good site, easy to navigate - great portfolio

jldesigns404eo.png

your espn stuff is really nice...i just mentioned to one of my buddies today how much i liked the espn fantasy logo's, then i see them on your site - you didn't by any chance do the espn edge logo, did you?  that's pretty tight, too

anyway, good site, easy to navigate - great portfolio

Ya i was thinking the same. Also iv seen the e-ticket before on espn show did u make that logo for them as well ? It would be kewl if you did made that, other than that your work is amazing.

I didnt notice under clients that you did do something for espn im guessing the fantsy logo. Awsome what you did.

Nice job.

4kv29i.jpg

Archived