Has anyone played an outdoor...

jkrdevil

I was just wondering if anyone here who plays hockey has every played a real hockey game (not pond hockey) out doors. A few years ago when I was a pee-wee, My team went and played a team who had an outdoor rink. It was pretty cool. Not that cold since it wasn't a freezing cold day. (I forget the temp, but as I remember it wasn't near as cold as some of the indoor rinks I currently play at.). The one thing was there were some leaves frozen underneath the ice. It didn't effect play though.

Any else. And for those who get CBC, How does the game look on tv. I'm stuck watching it on ESPN Classic next week.

I've played a few outdoor games. It's cold, but man, there is nothing like playing Hockey in the open air. It is something special.

I have to disagree here... I really don't find it anything special, if anything, it's just the normal way to play it... i would find playing indoors to be pretty special.

I've also never really been cold from playing outdoors... see the secret is to wear a winter jacker under your jersey, then it's all good... jacket or no jacket when you're playing you dont even feel the cold, I would always end up stripping off the jacket and go nothing but jersey a few minutes into it.  

Just ask Mr. zerodotcom, I'm surprised his neck isn't red from all the goals I've scored on him  :D

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I think if the Leafs ever make the finals they almost have to find away to play it in SkyDome, just so they can meet a little more of the enermous ticket demand.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I really don't find it anything special, if anything, it's just the normal way to play it...

Oh well excuse me, i'm sorry i lived in Jersey and not THE GREAT WHITE NORTH THAT IS CANADA!!!! :D  :P

It wasn't exactly normal to play outside...

lucky bastard...  :D

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Most of you missed what I was asking. I asked has any one played a real (as in two teams in a organized league) played outdoors?

As for Pond hockey, that to me is nothing special. I live on a small lake so pond hockey where I live is common.

Archived