Goodell new NFL commissioner

buzzcut

Roger Goodell is the new commisioner of the National Football League. Cchosen on the fifth ballot by a unanimus margin, he is expected to take over shortly.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Goodell was reportedly elected on the fifth ballot among the NFL's 32 owners.

The reality is that this was Goodell's job to lose from the minute he was named the NFL's COO in 2001. He was the league's point man on expansion, stadium construction and the new television deal. He's also been deeply involved in labor negotiations.

Well he was the right hand man to Tags, so I'm not surprised he got the job...

I think he'll do a fine job, seeing as he knows how to operate the league pretty darn well seeing he was working with Tagliabue already.

And a small note, I would've named the topic something else, so we wouldn't have threads graveyarded thinking no one has posted the news yet, I can't blame Puckguy for making a thread, only to have it graveyarded because "CCSLC News" really doesn't say much about the new NFL commisioner, but that may just be me being picky :D

I expected whne the announcemnt was made that we see a puff of white smoke

A guy on the NFL Network said he saw the NFL's equivalent of that: instead of a puff of white smoke, he saw a fleet of Lincoln Town Car limos pull up to the hotel - in preparation for the owners' departure from the meetings.

nav-logo.png

great news, this only means the NFL will be headed into the right direction, from a great commissioner to a new future with seems to be a commissioner who will be great. Now only if the MLB can follow the NFL in success of having a new commissioner and a better future.

Archived