New Central Michigan Uniforms

jimsimo

I dunno about those little "chunks" under the armpits. They don't add anything to the look, but make their bodies look weird. It's like they are there just for the sake of making the jerseys look different.

To stretch it a bit, think of the piping as a strap leading to a little purse held under their arms, especially on the away jersey.

It just seems like these would be fine without the piping and side panels. Oh wait, that's what they already had. I think these are a downgrade, but it's nice to see New Balance getting into D-1 football. Anything to compete with Nike.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Are they using Demonized for the number font?  It works relatively well as an alpha font, but I just will never like it when used numerically.

Not bad.

But minus 20 points for Demonized.

There should be some moratorium on the use of Demonized except by DePaul.

Demonized was a poor choice, but they could've used Comic Sans ^_^

I had no idea New Balance made uniforms....hmmm. I kind of like these, however. I don't like how the square under the arm works with the angular lines.

I wonder what Thunder Dan thinks of these.

I hate it when a team gets a zippy, modern new uniform then completely ruins the imagery by slapping their school name/nickname on the front in plain traditional block letters. It couldn't possibly clash more. Anyway I just can't wait til the piping craze is over, and the next in thing is clean, traditional looking uniforms with lots of sleeve and sock striping. Hey I can dream can't I? :D

It looks like someone puked on a Boston College jersey

And puking on ANYTHING from Boston College (which isn't in Boston and isn't a College, but that's another topic for another time) can't be bad at all, can it?

(sorry, my loathe for the University of Chestnut Hill Beagles is only surpassed by my hatred for the Red Sox).

Not a big fan of the numbers either. Let's hope the new uni's bring them luck against the Beagles.

Archived