NBA Font Pack

JamieRose

okay, i got tired of not having an NBA font pack, so i finally decided to download some softwar and make one myself. The numerals are 100% accurate, and chicago beyond are 90% flawless. I need to totally redo atlanta, boston is good, and charlotte needs work. i came up with good techniques starting with chicago, so after that they should all be good.

without further ado, here's what i've got so far!

NBABoston.png

Boston

NBACharlotte.png

Charlotte

NBAChicago.png

Chicago

i'd like to credit and thank eriqjaffe for the letters in the packs.

i'll release the pack to the world after i finish all the teams

TDZiMMB.png

Just so you know...

For the last few years, the NBA has been using its own specific block font for many of the nameplates (or just for names in general). The lettering is narrower, and the bowls of the P and R are very low.

Here is a picture of the older lettering:

33-31954-f.jpg

and here is the newer lettering:

31-43871-P.jpg

Here's a better picture of the newer lettering:

AUPIERCEJERSEY.jpg

Other teams also use the new lettering, and some teams with serifed letters, like New York and Philadelphia also use this newer style.

Good luck with your project.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Some of your numbers look a little out of proportion..the Lakers and Clippers seem off. And the Cavaliers numbers look like the Astros. It's probably just me, I'm going off memory.

Your letters also look warped, rather than arched. Since you say oyou got those from eriqjaffe's files, they should be already in font format, and it's easy in Illustrator to do text on a curve.

I had tried to do this same project, but it got pushed to the back burner with other priorities. I did amass a lot of resources, all of which can be found online:

Check the NBA store for each specific team. You should be able to find the customizable jerseys, and just fill in the info to have a jersey displayed in all the numbers (10, 23, 45, 67, 89). Now you have pictures for reference.

EA Sports also had customizable desktops in team jerseys. The lettering wasn't accurate, but the numbers were pretty close.

Media guides. I'm pretty sure Memphis had most numbers (& letters from the logo font) as vectors.

If you can find a link to the pdf of Charlotte's branding, there were vectors of the numbers inside it.

Again, good luck with these.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Some of your numbers look a little out of proportion..the Lakers and Clippers seem off. And the Cavaliers numbers look like the Astros. It's probably just me, I'm going off memory.

Your letters also look warped, rather than arched. Since you say oyou got those from eriqjaffe's files, they should be already in font format, and it's easy in Illustrator to do text on a curve.

I had tried to do this same project, but it got pushed to the back burner with other priorities. I did amass a lot of resources, all of which can be found online:

Check the NBA store for each specific team. You should be able to find the customizable jerseys, and just fill in the info to have a jersey displayed in all the numbers (10, 23, 45, 67, 89). Now you have pictures for reference.

EA Sports also had customizable desktops in team jerseys. The lettering wasn't accurate, but the numbers were pretty close.

Media guides. I'm pretty sure Memphis had most numbers (& letters from the logo font) as vectors.

If you can find a link to the pdf of Charlotte's branding, there were vectors of the numbers inside it.

Again, good luck with these.

yeah, i'm getting all of these off of NBA.com

and the letters look warped just because i used photoshop's arc tool, after putting these font packs together, i seriously don't feel like messing around with paths...

but like i said, i'll have to go back and redo the teams like charlotte, i came up with much better techniques since i did those.

the cavaliers do look a lot like the astros, but if you stare at the 2 fonts for a few hours, you'll start to notice the differences (i know i did...)

but thanks for the help with this! i'm starting to get warped, so if you see something completely wrong, feel free to let me know

TDZiMMB.png

wtf, my posts keep beign deleted or not posted. sorry if this is a repost, so how logn ago did he start teh project

are you asking this question to the whole community? why wouldn't you say "you" instead of "he" and ask statikgs directly when he started the project?

btw, you've spelled "long" wrong twice.

458345eaff17a1237.png

458346630fe2186b2.png

Archived