St. Catharines OHL concept

The_Admiral

A while ago, there was a thread about the St. Mike's Majors possibly moving out of Toronto. I figured St. Catharines could be a possible destination, since they have an OHL-level arena in town, and the Niagara region isn't represented in the OHL, as far as I know, and the name of the city is kinda cool. I don't really know enough about the city to come up with a location-relevant logo or name, so I just went conservative and used "St. Catharines Greens." It's moderately location-relevant, since it's the Garden City, and "Gardeners" hardly strikes fear in the hearts of men. I figured the OHL needed more letter-crests, so I basically ended up with some bastard child of the Cardinals, A's, and 1910s White Sox.

STCprimary.jpg

STChome.jpg

STCroad.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Not bad, But actually the St. Michaels Majors are going move into the Hershey Centre in Mississauga, after Eugene Melnyk (Guy who owns the Majors, and NHL Senators... thus a major loser!!!) bought the Mississauga Ice Dogs and plans to move them out of the city so he can move the Majors in because they don't have a decent arena. It'll be the Ice Dogs organization who move so they might keep the name...who knows.

In my opinion this is the end for OHL in Mississauga, cause I don't see people in Mississauga cheering for the Majors, a team they've been rivals with for the last number of years and just abandon OUR team. Plus nobody wants to root for anything to do with Melnyk and the Sens, since Mississauga is a got a massive Leafs fanbase.

No offense, but I think we could do better than "the Greens". It's an original name, for sure, I just don't think it's that great of a name for a hockey team.

The jerseys and logos are very good, though. I wouldn't be dissapointed if a local team wore jerseys like these.

You know what, you're absolutely right. I really forced the blue in there because the city's flag is green and blue. It really ought to be grey or black, or not there at all.

Not bad, But actually the St. Michaels Majors are going move into the Hershey Centre in Mississauga, after Eugene Melnyk (Guy who owns the Majors, and NHL Senators... thus a major loser!!!) bought the Mississauga Ice Dogs and plans to move them out of the city so he can move the Majors in because they don't have a decent arena. It'll be the Ice Dogs organization who move so they might keep the name...who knows.

In my opinion this is the end for OHL in Mississauga, cause I don't see people in Mississauga cheering for the Majors, a team they've been rivals with for the last number of years and just abandon OUR team. Plus nobody wants to root for anything to do with Melnyk and the Sens, since Mississauga is a got a massive Leafs fanbase.

Yeah, the current situation REALLY sucks. I, for one, am not too pleased. I just hope Melnyk DOES NOT find a suitable owner by the end of the year so the Ice Dogs can stay for the 2007-2008 season and I hope other people in Mississauga would voice their disapproval in the stands this season.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Junior/20...792508-sun.html

I saw, I came, I left.

STChome2.jpg

STCroad2.jpg

I changed the blue to black. I think this fits in better. The blue just clashed too much in my strain to put small local elements in the sweater.

I agree that maybe "Greens" isn't the best possible name in the world, but I thought something more traditional and simple would be a refreshing change of pace from words ending in Z or singular nouns with cartoony mascots.

I never really believed in the blue. For reference, here's the city seal.

Stcatslogo.jpg

My chosen shades of green don't even match the seal's, so I didn't really have an obligation to plug the blue in there. It was kind of jarring. The black fits in better.

I never really believed in the blue. For reference, here's the city seal.

Stcatslogo.jpg

My chosen shades of green don't even match the seal's, so I didn't really have an obligation to plug the blue in there. It was kind of jarring. The black fits in better.

Could you try a version in those colours? If you used the correct shades it might look pretty cool.

Okay:

stcatsgreen.jpg

I took out the silver-green to simplify things. I think it's a cool color combo, but reminds me of the 1980s Whalers, and the crest loses something without the metallic tone.

Archived