New Saginaw Valley State logo

logodawg

So I'm surfing on D2football.com and I come across Saginaw Valley State's new cardinal logo. A lot better then the extremely bland old logo, imo.

New:

Cardinal_forWeb.jpg

Old:

svsu_cardinals.gif

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

The new one is incredibly bland as well. This is pretty much exactly what you'd expect a modern cardinal head logo to look like. The lines aren't even very well rendered, especially the black around the face, and the highlight on the beak.

The new one is incredibly bland as well.  This is pretty much exactly what you'd expect a modern cardinal head logo to look like.  The lines aren't even very well rendered, especially the black around the face, and the highlight on the beak.

Well, I guess we are all entitled to our own opinions, but I think that this new mark is great and classy. It gives SVSU a certain uniqueness. Of all the words I would use, bland would certainly be close to, if not the last, word I would use....

Just my $.02

Now that I've had more time to look at it, I realize how much this clashes with everything esle they have sportwise, unless their planning on redoing all of it. Of course knowing SVSU they won't.

Just to let everyone know, the schools official colors are red and what is more or less a royal blue.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Archived