2006 Fusion Football Cards

Nick 1733

Okay, first let's get all of this out of the way...

I am NOT selling these, EVER! I am only paying for them to be printed and manufactured into sets.

I wrote to NFL Properties and was granted permission to have the cards produced under the condition that I am not to receive any sort of monetary compensation for them. I can only have them printed for my personal collection.

This is where I'm storing the visual database for the 2006 set. I've finished the design and will upload each team set as I get them completed.

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n147/WA...on%202006/Base/

Let me know what you guys think.

I think they look great, with a couple exceptions...

Change the font for the players' names. A script font doesn't feel "sporty' to me for the names, and it's not the most legible one either.

How come you chose yellow for the Cardinals cards? Black is more prominent a color than yellow.

On most cards, in addition to the logo, the team name is spelled out. Just in case the logo isn't super obvious, as a way to introduce new fans to the hobby.

What do the backs look like? And where did you get the pictures?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Moser316 - The basic design of the front of the base card was inspired by the 1991 first release of Upper Deck's football series. The lines on the left of the card were loosely inspired by 1989 Pro Set.

capn89 - I have someone who owns a printing company and they can print, gloss & cut the cards for me at almost cost.

jpslapshot22 - I chose the script font because I wanted it to have an elegant feel to it instead of the 'machine' feel that most cards have. Much like the 1998 Fleer Ultra football series, I like that the best.

I chose yellow for the Cardinals because the Cardinal Red/Dandilion Yellow combination is unique, instead of a red/black combination.

I prefer to have the team name on the back of the card, and keep front less-cluttered. I like the # of the player because that's unique and the logo-only is how cards in the early 90's used to be, when I loved collecting and the hobby wasn't overflowing with autographs and jersey cards that are ruining the hobby, in my humble opinion.

Last, I haven't completely decided on the design for the back of the cards, but here are a couple things that I've decided on... The photo on the back will be the same as the one on the front, except it will just be a portion of it and it will be back and white; The stat line for the players will only have last year's stats instead of their whole career; There will be an interesting fact about each player included on the back of the card.

I got the photos from WireImage, which I have a subscription to and I pay $75 a month to get, so I can use them.

Archived