Fisher rips Volek

NJTank

Wow I saw a clip on ESPN and its on ESPN.com where the Titans Coach absoultley ripped into Billy Volek. I never heard a coach shread one of his former players like this. It makes we wonder if this is just the tip of teh iceberg of problems in Tennessee.

Story with video clip

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Unless I'm missing something

You are. From all the rumors out there, Volek was half-assing it this year since he knew that no matter how well he did Vince Young was gonna take over at some point.

Other people say that Volek didn't give a crap about the Titans and was only concerned with auditioning for other teams.

Just saw the thing on ESPN. How does he expect players to want to play for them after this, and after what happened with McNair and locking him out of facilities? Good thing they found their savior in Vick Jr. :lol:

Volek got into it with Chow, because Chow blamed him for the mistakes the team was making (this was during preseason, the beginning). They had a one-on-one meeting, and Volek yelled at Chow and said that the scheme, pretty much, sucked. Fisher backed Chow... And Volek asked to be traded, again and again. Now he has got his wish. After being traded, he "threw the team under the bus" as Fisher said, so Fish did what he USUALLY doesn't do by standing up and taking action, resulting in the slamming that he gave Volek....

By the way, Broken Record... Thanks for the invite to this site... I love it!!!!!!

Just saw the thing on ESPN. How does he expect players to want to play for them after this, and after what happened with McNair and locking him out of facilities? Good thing they found their savior in Vick Jr. :lol:

Here's a better one, how does Volek expect any team to start him if he's just going to pout and walk out when things doesn't go his way?

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Just saw the thing on ESPN. How does he expect players to want to play for them after this, and after what happened with McNair and locking him out of facilities? Good thing they found their savior in Vick Jr.  :lol:

Here's a better one, how does Volek expect any team to start him if he's just going to pout and walk out when things doesn't go his way?

If one is to believe Fisher. Normally the truth is somewhere between the two stories.

jeff fisher NEVER calls someone out like this unless it is warranted. i know there are always two sides to the story, but i would take fisher's word over some cheap qb any day. and just for the record, i don't believe fishers had any thing to do with the mcnair dilema.

SignatureCCSL.png

Volek popped off first then Fisher ranted. Then Billy says "I am am going to take the high road..." I loved that move. Typical player got screwed comments that would have been gone ina day but coach went and topped him. I really think Fisher has been the basic player's kind of coach and had a lot of bottled up frustration. He had never publicaly called out MCnair, Young Adam Jones (Pac-man), Chris Brown, Travis Henry, Tyrone Calico or any other starter. He once made comments to the press about Albert Haynesworth's training, attutude and leadership and he has really progressed but nobody else. I think he snapped a little and his comment went over the line/

Factor in the apparent rift between Coach fisher and the GM Floyd Reese that has been simmering for quite a while and he it adds to one or both of them gone at the end of the season.

I don't think Billy Volek would have been any worse that Kerry Collins has been the first two games. But I do fear he is going to be the next AJ Feely Mike McMahon et al who had flashes as a back-up part-time starter but never could translate it to full-time starting QB status. Man it id going to be a long year for Titans fans.

RobbyBox2.jpg

Archived