Chargers

random_ax

All three of Hawk36's designs are a vast improvement over the current set.

I shall damn with faint praise --

That is not saying a lot.

Now I shall provide actual praise --

I'm not sold on the powder blue pants, but otherwise I really like all of them. The only thing I would do differently would be to keep the current double-outlined numbers.

Overall, I agree with whoever it was that said that the point of the powder blues is usually lost when you mix and match the powder and navy. If the Chargers decided to update the powder blues because the full retro set is "too plain", this would be a good look to go with.

I think it's fair praise. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with the current Chargers' set. As it stands, it's 100x better than Cincinnati's eyesores, or the Bills' mismatch.

If it wasn't for SD's past history of even better unis, I think the current Charger unis would be one of the best sets in the league. However, it's always judged against its past incarnations.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sold on the powder blue pants, but otherwise I really like all of them. The only thing I would do differently would be to keep the current double-outlined numbers.

Overall, I agree with whoever it was that said that the point of the powder blues is usually lost when you mix and match the powder and navy. If the Chargers decided to update the powder blues because the full retro set is "too plain", this would be a good look to go with.

I think it's fair praise. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with the current Chargers' set. As it stands, it's 100x better than Cincinnati's eyesores, or the Bills' mismatch.

If it wasn't for SD's past history of even better unis, I think the current Charger unis would be one of the best sets in the league. However, it's always judged against its past incarnations.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head. I think the current set needs to make more use of the yellow to jazz it up a bit, but the navy jersey/white pants set is crisp. I don't like the white jersey/navy pants set much at all. Either way, neither of them say "Chargers" to me even though they have been around for about 20 years now.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I had seen Hawk's concepts before and they were the ones I've always thought were the best.

I, too, am unsure of the powder pants. If you make the number powder blue on the white jerseys, you'd have enough blue with the sleeves, number and socks.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

I think you may have hit the nail on the head. I think the current set needs to make more use of the yellow to jazz it up a bit, but the navy jersey/white pants set is crisp. I don't like the white jersey/navy pants set much at all. Either way, neither of them say "Chargers" to me even though they have been around for about 20 years now.

Which is why I think simply swapping the yellow and white on the current set, while keeping the powder blues as alts, is a decent comprimise.

Archived